Canadian firearm law is strict to an idiotic level...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, May 6, 2010.

1. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    I got fined for practicing military drill in my backyard of my house for having a replica rifle in Toronto... I understand if the police officer acts as if this thing was real at first and tell me to stay away from the weapon, but charging me for having a rifle made NOT to fire, but it simple a big piece of plastic and metal put together... I think there is something wrong with that.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    What the hell? Are you serious? No offense, but the guy who fined you (or the government) is retarded! Come on, that's like fining a kid playing with a toy gun/sword/...! Jeeze, that's some fucked up rules...

3. mcp2

mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2007
    UK blud dun kno
    Appeal it!

4. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    Or, you know...shoot him with a real one. [​IMG]

Really though, get that sorted if you can.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Wow that might actually be worse than UK law in this regard although I have not checked the status of replica/decommissioned weapons in a while. Just for clarification are we talking marching/formation/dress type drills or weapons handling?

On the other hand I do not really know Canadian weapons law so this may well be one of those legally yes morally no.

Hope you get it sorted.

6. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    Canada is very strict on firearm laws for replica. In fact, I believe after around 1997-1999 it was made illegal to sell airsoft guns. No one follows that law at all (even cops) but I wouldn't try to appeal what you've already got, unless you want more fines.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    So have they passed the ban on pointy sticks, yet?

[​IMG]

8. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    It is actually parade drill, not weapons handling drill. The rifle does not have a moving bolt or moving trigger for weapons handling drills.