Milk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember grains and cereals were considered the most healthy foods and were the base of the food pyramid? Well now gluten is the new enemy.

Grains and cereals were considered the base of the food pyramid because they provide a substantial amount of calories and nutrients while providing a lot of bulk sensation. They've never been considered the most healthy foods: that's what vegetables are. They're just the most reasonable production cost wise and hence it makes the most sense to recommend them to fill the bulk of one's diet. As for "gluten is the new enemy", that's only as true as "peanuts are the old enemy". Ie, a minority of people are effected and it's now a fad

But how am I supposed to enjoy cereal?

Most cereal is great for marshmallow squares! :)

As for the poll, it's not really answerable. It's like asking if peanuts or gluten are unhealthy. The supposed healthy reasons for milk aren't particularly compelling--vegetables almost always are better in that area. Some of the possible ecological ones are questionable--as fresh water supplies are a serious concern for the future. Taste and tradition are the big reasons, and it's hard to argue against it because it's not like we've really moved to the point that people will willing eat a few foods no matter how much we know it's enough to fulfill their dietary needs.

Then again, most people (me included) don't really eat that healthy because, in part, we don't plan to live forever and think the quality of life is at least as important as the quantity of life.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you drink milk like water, then yeah, it's bad for you, but the same is true for ANY sugary beverage. Doesn't matter if it's whole or skim. It's one of the ways people end up consuming way more calories than they need.
Just drink water normally, and only drink other beverages (including milk (including what you put on your cereal)) as an occasional treat and you'll be fine ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you drink milk like water, then yeah, it's bad for you, but the same is true for ANY sugary beverage. Doesn't matter if it's whole or skim. It's one of the ways people end up consuming way more calories than they need.
Just drink water normally, and only drink other beverages (including milk (including what you put on your cereal)) as an occasional treat and you'll be fine ;)
people drink milk like water?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Chocolate milk IS bad for you if it's prepackaged. If you get milk and add the cocoa or choco, then it's fine, but prepackaged choco milk is literally "expired" milk sent back from stores, then they add choco to make it last longer and repackage as choco milk.

D

Deleted User

So, why is it bad again? Just because some government says it is?

South Korean Government issued a warning of "fan death" which stated that leaving the fan on in an a closed room can kill you.
It is a commonly believed superstition in korea but lacks any concrete evidence or scientific explanation.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Chocolate milk IS bad for you if it's prepackaged. If you get milk and add the cocoa or choco, then it's fine, but prepackaged choco milk is literally "expired" milk sent back from stores, then they add choco to make it last longer and repackage as choco milk.
i rather get milk from the cow and boil it, and then get cocoa to make my own chocolate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?