The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Its simply not possible and most likely never will be due to limitations with most connections. The WiFi support in the Nintendo DS can transmit large amounts of data to several Nintendo DS systems at one time and is not restricted by limited placed upon by ISPs. So DS to DS play over an internet is simply out of the question. Also since the Nintendo DS routes all its traffic through its own service when playing games with WiFi support (Ones that give you and require a friend code) over a secure connection, it won't be possible to do so on a computer until someone breaks the encryption the DS uses which doesn't look like its happening any time soon.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
Its simply not possible and most likely never will be due to limitations with most connections. The WiFi support in the Nintendo DS can transmit large amounts of data to several Nintendo DS systems at one time and is not restricted by limited placed upon by ISPs. So DS to DS play over an internet is simply out of the question. Also since the Nintendo DS routes all its traffic through its own service when playing games with WiFi support (Ones that give you and require a friend code) over a secure connection, it won't be possible to do so on a computer until someone breaks the encryption the DS uses which doesn't look like its happening any time soon.

Nice theory, but it's a bit more simple than that.

DS to DS emulation over a network is not feasible due to "Ni-Fi" requiring

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Guess you haven't heard of tunneling.
http://www.akkit.org/dstunnel/

Granted, the project hasn't been updated in ages.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Narin said:
Guess you haven't heard of tunneling.
http://www.akkit.org/dstunnel/

Granted, the project hasn't been updated in ages.
Yeah i checked it out.
It seems like it was a good project...but no signs of it ever going to be finished.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Wifi24 Apr 2006 03:08 pm

At long last…. The wifi lib release!

Yup, that’s right.
Version 0.3 is out at last!
A huge number of improvements and features have been added since the last version, making this finally a library you can *do something* with.
An abbreviated list of improvements goes like this: WEP, DHCP, TCP, ICMP, DNS, WFC data, but all those are just the major points, there’s a lot of work that’s been done under the surface and the internals will run much more smoothly too.

Anyway, please read the readme included for vital information about naming conventions and installation… and Here are the links!
Downloads:
dswifi_lib_v0.3_lib.zip (181k) - Minimal package includes debug and release libraries and include files
dswifi_lib_v0.3_source.zip (188k) - Full Library source release, does not include any examples
dswifi_lib_v0.3_examples.zip (243k) - Examples release, does not include library - includes wifi_lib_test and a minimal demonstration example

Me and my poor english can't understand much....if only it was in arabic.....anyway
It seems that it is possible
I got this info from this blog

http://blog.akkit.org/category/ds-developm...ds-wifi/page/2/

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kais said:

Yup, that’s right.
A huge number of improvements and features have been added since the last version, making this finally a library you can *do something* with.
An abbreviated list of improvements goes like this: WEP, DHCP, TCP, ICMP, DNS, WFC data, but all those are just the major points, there’s a lot of work that’s been done under the surface and the internals will run much more smoothly too.

Anyway, please read the readme included for vital information about naming conventions and installation… and Here are the links!
Downloads:
dswifi_lib_v0.3_lib.zip (181k) - Minimal package includes debug and release libraries and include files
dswifi_lib_v0.3_source.zip (188k) - Full Library source release, does not include any examples
dswifi_lib_v0.3_examples.zip (243k) - Examples release, does not include library - includes wifi_lib_test and a minimal demonstration example

Me and my poor english can't understand much....if only it was in arabic.....anyway

Thats old news and you can find the project over at http://www.devkitpro.org/ That WiFi library is for homebrew. Its for developers who want to make games or applications on the NDS that connect to the internet for one thing or another. It has nothing to do with getting a NDS emulator to work over an internet connection.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
kais said:

Yup, that’s right.

Downloads:

Thats old news and you can find the project over at http://www.devkitpro.org/ That WiFi library is for homebrew. Its for developers who want to make games or applications on the NDS that connect to the internet for one thing or another. It has nothing to do with getting a NDS emulator to work over an internet connection.
oh thanks

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the guy behind Tunnelling Nifi games over the internet is some random guy named stephen.

Heres his page:
http://www.akkit.org/#proj

His site lists his projects and wether they are active or not.
The DS tunneling project is still active.

Unfortunately his page was last updated January 15, 2008

Now we know that it may be possible.
Maybe in the near-by future we will hear of this project being continued

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Urza said:
Don't hold your breath.
Hmmmmmmmm...didn't really understand what you meant by that.
But oh well.
wtf.gif
It means that if you held your breath waiting for a working WiFi-capable DS emulator to be released, you would die from lack of oxygen.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Apparently the guy behind Tunnelling Nifi games over the internet is some random guy named stephen.

Heres his page:
http://www.akkit.org/#proj

His site lists his projects and wether they are active or not.
The DS tunneling project is still active.

Unfortunately his page was last updated January 15, 2008

Now we know that it may be possible.
Maybe in the near-by future we will hear of this project being continued
He's not a "random guy" at all. Stephen Stair is the user who developed the DS wifi library for the DS. This is what lets homebrew applications connect to the Internet, something that would not be possible without his work. While he was developing it, he also worked on the tunneling project, but it appears to have been abandoned due to technical difficulties as you've noticed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1