Homebrew Can you use multi Haxchi channels to default into different elf files?

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread seems to suggest that you can have multiple haxchi installs over different DS games, each with their own default launch elf. Is that correct or am I misreading?

What I'm trying to do is to use a second haxchi channel to boot into HBL2usbloadergx.elf. Since the original ULGX launcher won't install to nand.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread seems to suggest that you can have multiple haxchi installs over different DS games, each with their own default launch elf. Is that correct or am I misreading?

What I'm trying to do is to use a second haxchi channel to boot into HBL2usbloadergx.elf. Since the original ULGX launcher won't install to nand.
Yes you can. Keep in mind that if you don't purchase the DS VC game, you will need to already be in CFW to launch it. That means that it's not necessary to purchase the DS game for the secondary Haxchi installs as long as you are willing to to launch a CFW, such as your legitimate Haxchi, prior to launching the secondary Haxchi. You can also map the gamepads buttons to launch different .elf's with your original Haxchi and avoid a second Haxchi installation altogether

Last edited by dojafoja,

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can. Keep in mind that if you don't purchase the DS VC game, you will need to already be in CFW to launch it. That means that it's not necessary to purchase the DS game for the secondary Haxchi installs as long as you are willing to to launch a CFW, such as your legitimate Haxchi, prior to launching the secondary Haxchi.
Thank you, I have legit haxchi for channel one. I still can't wrap my head around the process of making the second channel.

I install the second ds game (different from the original of course).
Install haxchi over the second ds game.
profit?

Where does the process for distinguishing the individual configs for each haxchi come in? since dont they both share the same folder on the sd card?

peroquelepongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you, I have legit haxchi for channel one. I still can't wrap my head around the process of making the second channel.

profit?

Where does the process for distinguishing the individual configs for each haxchi come in? since dont they both share the same folder on the sd card?
Well. I'll try to explain, (my english is not good). You should only replace your files on your SD. when run your haxchi installer, it detects 2 DS games, if you choose the new one it's going to result in a new channel vwii. But if you choose the game which has haxchi it will be rewritten be carefull with that.

how do you know which game select?

Ans: Haxchi gives you a question about where to install: for example in my case it was:

big brain academy
brain age.

I had the first haxchi into brain age. then for the vwii channels I chose big brain academy you also can map the gamepads buttons to launch different vwii channels in config.txt for example

default=wiiu/apps/hbl2wiiflowlite/hbl2wiiflowlite.elf
x=wiiu/apps/hbl2usbloadergx/hbl2usbloadergx.elf
y=wiiu/apps/hbl2nintendont/hbl2nintendont.elf
a=wiiu/apps/hbl2cfgusbloader/hbl2cfgusbloader.elf

if you modify your config.txt like that,you will have:

wiiflow if you don't press any button
usbloadergx by pressing X
nintendont by pressing Y
cfgusbloader by pressing A

grettings from Mexico.

Reactions: oxitran

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

profit?

I would like to know too... can you have individual config per haxchi channel?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can.

The config.txt is not read from SD, you need to run the haxchi installer every time you want the config.txt to be changed in order to put it into the console's NAND.
the haxchi config is stored in the internal NDS's savegame folder, so each NDS game has its own config.txt to use for the launched haxchi.

you just need to be careful not to mistaken the NDS you choose when installing/replacing the config from SD as you only have one config.txt on SD at a time which is used to put on the console. I suggest you keep a backup of all your different config.txt, it'll prevent remembering what path you had or lost. In fact, I suggest you keep a different "sd:/haxchi/" folder for each of your NDS game, so you can set a different logo for each of them instead of having "haxchi" written on them. just rename the folder you use/don't use before launching haxchi installer.

Be even more careful if are using CBHC in one of the official NDS game you bought to not replace CBHC with haxchi.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: oxitran

Noizecreep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi @Cyan, just bumping this because I think this is what I’m trying to achieve. I’m going to explain what I want and see if I’m understanding this correctly.

First - I will install Haxchi and then CBHC on my Wii U using a legit DS game purchased from the e shop.

2. Choose a second DS game from the approved list that can be exploited and install it to my Wii U menu - no need to get this from the e shop, so this DS title can be installed to the Wii U NAND using WUP installer GX? Or another app?

3. Run the Haxchi exploit again and choose my newly installed 2nd DS game.

4. Double check that the 2nd Haxchi instance was installed correctly by attempting to load the HBL through it?

5. Now I can edit the config.txt of the NEW Haxchi instance so that it points to a particular Vwii homebrew app - for example WiiSXR. If I only want it to be used for WiiSXR I should delete all other commands in the config.txt, so I am left with just:

default=wiiu/apps/hbl2wiisxr/hbl2wiisxr.elf

Problem is - where can I find that elf file, does that even exist? Is there a place where I can find elf files for all the different emulators so I can creat multiple Haxchi instances pointing to different apps on Vwii?

sorry for the long post but I feel like I am going round in circles trying to figure out the best way to have forwarder channels on the Wii U side and this seemed like the best way to do it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)