can you use legit dlc on usb installed games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WiiUAre, Mar 11, 2017.

1. WiiUAre
    OP

WiiUAre Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rijnsburg
    i have a orriginal disc of pikmin 3
    i purchased al the dlc for this game a long time ago

now i installed a copy of pikmin on usb with wud installer mod y
    but the game does not find the dlc.

if i use disc2app so i get my own ticket will it work then. or is the only solution to use mocha to install a copy of the dlc

2. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    I think as long as the wii u has not been formatted, and as long as you have not removed the NNID that you bought the DLC with, then the ticket is still there on the NAND of the Wii U.

I think you should be able to open up e-shop and simply download the DLC, but I'm not sure...

3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

Recover Pikmin 3 with WiiU usb helper and Install DLC with yMOD wupinstaller, and this should work.

Make sure everything is in the same folder

Last edited by jeannotte, Mar 11, 2017
  4. EyeKey

EyeKey GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    Israel
    The DLC should be on the same device of the game. You need to move the DLC from the internal memory to the USB and than install it on the USB with wup installer. Or just install it on the internal storage.

pelago and Ryccardo like this.
  5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    make sure both game and dlc are the same region too

6. WiiUAre
    OP

WiiUAre Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rijnsburg
    it works. so for if someone else needs something sim miler this is how it is done:

I moved the dlc from internal to usb drive. when I did that the machine tells you that it will overwrite something. That was allright with me.
    And then the previous install I did with wup installer was indeed gone. I then installed it again to usb with wup and it al works perfectly
    thanks for the help!