Others Can you use ED64 to flash Action Replay Professional (N64)

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, seems not paying attention when inserting game carts to find what boot mode my action replay professional was on (not been used in years) I may have accidently grabbed my ED64 cart and inserted it into my AR PRO.....

At first I thought nothing of it, saw some text saying checking bios ect and all was green saying pass, but now my AR PRO won't boot at all, I have gone through my entire game collection and still wont boot.

Sometimes i get nothing on the front LED screen, sometimes I get the number 8.

Now looking, apparently it seems that not paying attention has cost me, inserting an ED64 cart into an AR PRO or GS will flash the cheat cartridge and kill it.

But reading some more i think its not exactly true what I read (apparently this feature ED put is was to screw AR/GS over), but I read the method to update your cheat cart was to insert another cheat cart and it will flash/update the other.

So I was wondering if there was a backup anywhere for AR PRO, could ED64 be used to restore it.

I know ED64 has GS cheat support - but it requires the expansion pack (for some reason) to enable cheats, so games like PD/DK64/Z:MM wont work nor would expansion pack resolution modes work.

I also have an Xplorer64 (not made this mistake with) but that thing is a nightmare when it comes to trying to change boot modes to and from games and it takes me absolutely ages to switch from one mode to another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end