Can you use any flash carts on the DSI?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gettogaara, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009
  1. gettogaara
    OP

Member gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I recently tried my r4 on my freinds dsi and found it to my surprise that it did not work. So I am just curious if there is something you need to download or does the r4 jsut generally not work with the dsi? If it does'nt work then can someone please tell me if any flash cart works on it.
    PS: This is to decide whether or not I will get a dsi. Thanks in advanced.

2. floobmonsrake

Newcomer floobmonsrake Advanced Member

United States
    Dude.......

Where have you been?! R4 does not work on DSi nor any other flash cart from earlyer times, but luckaly now many dsi flashcarts such the acekard 2i, wich i recomend, have come out, they do have an r4i but it sucks.

3. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Acekard2i and some other(new) flashcarts works on the DSi. But there is a possibility that Nintendo might block these with a Firmware Update. One card(cant remember which one it was) though could be updated/flashed with an USB plugged into your PC making it possible to fix blocks. Acekard2i is highly recomnended though.

Edits: Spelling mistakes [​IMG]

4. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico

You forgot the EZ Flash Vi and Supercard DSOnei

5. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    ... and iTouch2

Also, the R4i doesn't count since it's a fake/counterfeit.

6. gettogaara
    OP

Member gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I just got into the dsi now and never asked about it before.
    Also is there one that works on the dsi and at the same time can play gba roms?

7. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    not yet,dsi hasn't been hacked yet,flashcarts work on ds mode only,no gba games

8. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Shouldn't this be in NDS - Flashing Hardware? Oh well.

Like people mentioned. ALL DSi flashcarts are just like normal DS flashcarts, only that they can run on DSi. The DSi hasn't been hacked yet, so no extra RAM or whatever to run GBA games directly off the slot 1 cart. It works like any normal DSL counterpart, Acekard2i and Acekard2 have no big difference. So whatever "i" cart you get now, will have no extra features from average DSL carts. But they are needed to play ROMs on your DSi.

Also, I recommend you go read up on Supercard DS Onei and the soon to be released M3i Zero. They have the updateable firmware in case Nintendo releases a new firmware that blocks out the carts.

9. Aznsolidus

Newcomer Aznsolidus Newbie

United States
    The Supercard for the DSi has the firmware upgrade capability

10. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    ok but, i started out with one of the actual original r4s on my dsl. do u guys still think i should go with the r4i-sdhc for the dsi? i was comfortable with my r4 because it never gave me a single problem.

11. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    If you want to buy a DSi, you must get a "i" flash cart, if you are still with the DSL, then your R4 are good to go

12. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    SUPERCARD DS ONEi is the best in terms of countering the DSi whilst the Acekard 2i, EZ Flash Vi and the M3i Zero will first need to be updated before updating your DSi to the next firmware. So I'll be careful with my DSi with the 3 flashcarts.

Get the DSi if you have the money and save your current DS just in case you get on eof the three flashcarts we mentioned. Acekard 2i has bricking problems but they might be due to bad batches and faulty DSi's, EZ Flash Vi has OS problems and I dont know what the M3i Zero has problems.

DSTTi and iTouch2 has no updates to counter DSi updates.

13. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Well you shouldn't have to be careful you should just have half of a brain to check the forums if your DSi offers to update your system. Also you never know they might include the USB and DSi update for the M3i Zero...or they could be a little greedy a sell the USB updater seperately...which would be dumb...

But yah I recommend M3i Zero.