Hacking Can you use an SD2VITA memory card to hack your Vita?

ThaKarra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I'm quite new to the Vita in general so please bare with me.

My cousin and I both purchased a Vita last week. Mine came with an official 32gb memory card. However his did not.

I managed to install CFW on my Vita by following this tutorial:

It went smoothly and I had absolutely no problems.

However since my cousin did NOT get a Vita memory card with his, he went ahead and purchased a SD2VITA adapter so he could simply just use a regular SD card. I noticed through-out the tutorial that the person narrating kept emphasizing the word "official" whenever talking about using a memory card. My question is, will he be able to follow along like I did using his adapter or will he specifically need to purchase an official Vita memory card?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I'm quite new to the Vita in general so please bare with me.

My cousin and I both purchased a Vita last week. Mine came with an official 32gb memory card. However his did not.

I managed to install CFW on my Vita by following this tutorial:

It went smoothly and I had absolutely no problems.

However since my cousin did NOT get a Vita memory card with his, he went ahead and purchased a SD2VITA adapter so he could simply just use a regular SD card. I noticed through-out the tutorial that the person narrating kept emphasizing the word "official" whenever talking about using a memory card. My question is, will he be able to follow along like I did using his adapter or will he specifically need to purchase an official Vita memory card?

Sorry @ThaKarra ,which model do you have fat 1000 or slim 2000?
Without this information i can't help you,because the method changes according to the version of the PS Vita.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so hard to find memory cards in Australia (where I live).. They are expensive as hell.

Could this scenario work?

I let him borrow my memory card to hack his Vita. Then is it possible he can just save games using his SD2VITA? I read there is an app that lets you swap the mount points.

delete the id.dat from the root or else it will force him to format the card, but yes, you should be able to use the same card. the id.dat is what prevents the card from being used in another system. it will be recreated at boot. if you want to start fresh, don't bother with that, just have the system format the card.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
delete the id.dat from the root or else it will force him to format the card, but yes, you should be able to use the same card. the id.dat is what prevents the card from being used in another system. it will be recreated at boot. if you want to start fresh, don't bother with that, just have the system format the card.

Sorry @godreborn ,maybe you didn't understand his question:he asked if it is possible to use sd2vita without having the official sony memory card,once the PS Vita has been hacked.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
There are website to help PSV1000 to hack without official sony card, i suggest ThaKarra check up on these first. As long as the permanent hack files/settings stay inside the vita, it can boot directly with SD2vita with no problem. After the first hack we can use IMCunlocker to make an internal ux0 on PSV1000 (to avoid problem with hacking/accident when you lack the official mem card later)
AND you can let the cousin borrow the sony card to hack. OR take his vita and do the deed yourself since you have all the tools and files, following godreborn advice to delete id.dat.

Reactions: godreborn

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1000 model needs one of those overpriced Sony cards to hack it. I learned that the hard way, and had to wait an extra 2 weeks for my 4gb 10 dollar card. lol

It's pretty amusing how the PSP GO had 16gb storage built in, but the Vita 1000 didn't.

Reactions: Southway

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story Short: No. You cannot use an SD2Vita (as in the adapter that you put a MicroSD card in and then slot into the Vita Game Card slot.

The Vita is incapable of reading the adapter/the SD card inserted without HEN/CFW. Even if the console can see there is something inserted into the slot, it wont know what to do with it on Stock Firmware. Just like trying to put a video game burned to CD/DVD in an unmodified console. Without some sort of way to manipulate the system into acknowledging it as an official disc, the system wont do anything with it.

The ability to understand the SD2Vita adapter is something added in by the CFW. Therefore, since CFW is needed to use the adapter, the adapter cannot be used to install the CFW needed to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.