Can you use an SD2Vita alongside an official PS Vita memory card?

Vestrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I tried googling this myself first before asking but the only place I found an answer was from 4 or so years ago and the rest of the results are just "how to set up your SD2Vita" guides. Anyways I just want to know if you can use the SD2Vita card alongside an official PS Vita 64Gig memory card? I guess to me it makes sense, the SD2Vita will act as your main internal storage and the memory card will act as a memory card. Just info gathering as much as I can before my SD2Vita arrives next week.

Thanks in advance

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

I tried googling this myself first before asking but the only place I found an answer was from 4 or so years ago and the rest of the results are just "how to set up your SD2Vita" guides. Anyways I just want to know if you can use the SD2Vita card alongside an official PS Vita 64Gig memory card? I guess to me it makes sense, the SD2Vita will act as your main internal storage and the memory card will act as a memory card. Just info gathering as much as I can before my SD2Vita arrives next week.

Thanks in advance
Nope

Vestrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just saw a post on Reddit from 3 years ago:
1641899235972.png

Is this possible? Loading Adrenaline on my SD card and using it for my PSP ISO and PS1 Eboot and then using my Vita SD2Vita card for my Vita games?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

You can only have one ux0. ux0 is where you install games that you can see on your home screen - all Vita games and homebrew must be on ux0.

You can choose what is ux0, your memory card or your sd2vita (or psvsd if you have 3G Vita).

Then you can set a second memory device as uma0. uma0 will mount as your vita starts so you can load any data you like on it - including roms (or PSP iso, eboot or csos).

Your ux0 will be your main installation, uma0 is extra storage - you choose which is which.

You can easily set ux0 or uma0 any time in YAMT or in StorageMgr (these 2 are your choice of plugins that control your sd2vita).

After ux0 and uma0 are set up as the sd2vita and memcard as you like, install your emulators.

Inside the emulators, choose where roms can be found - change it to your uma0 location.

There is a negative to this. Your 64GB memory card is very expensive. Flash memory can only be written so many times.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes you can use the original Sony memory card as a secondary storage card.
Adrenaline can take full advantage of that iirc, as well as several homebrews/emulators that will allow you to load ROMs from places other then ux0.

Basically what Anderxale said.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install stuff to ur0 and vs0, I think, but you're majorly limited, so maybe one game apiece, if that. you'd have to change the location of the eboot in the appinfo table of the app.db or rebuild the database to get them to appear, I think.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use psvsd (goes where the 3g modem goes ,sd2vita and an official memory card, you can do whatever you want storage wise,stuff is pretty flexible!

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Surely u can only have one ux0 mounted where your Games will appear. But u can set up that if no SD2Vita is insert, it should your Sony Card instead. With Storagemanager u can define what where to mount. So i Set up my System with Sony Micro SD as secondary device and SD2Vita as my primary mounted device to ux0. The Sony SD is my fallback option with related Homebrew stuff, wich will be mounted to ux0 if no SD2Vita Card is insert.
I Set up my storage_config with GCD=ux0 and next line MCD=uma0. The thing is, its work like boot priority. So if GCD (SD2Vita) isn`t insert. it sets MCD to ux0 and u can use your stuff thats on it.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: