can you use a wiikey fuzion and a backup of legoIJ to mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by madeirabhoy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

i split this off from my other thread as i just need a definite answer to this question before a mate buys one. he's already bought a hard drive on my say so and i dont want him to spend more on my account.

he has a broken dvd drive, and when setting up his wifi to soft mod he accidentally upgraded to 4.3. someone helpfully suggested getting a wiikey fuzion for 30 quid, using a backup of lego indiana or indeed the nstc SSBB.

i cant think of any reason why it wouldnt work but just want to ask if anyone has done it or can say it will definitely work, or not work.

cheers

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Why wouldn´t work?

3. d3monsting

Member d3monsting GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure that would work, as long as the Wiikey fusion support USB loading. (sorry I'm not familiar with that chip) Since your friend has a damaged DVD drive, then you would have to load a game from USB to run the exploit? But if you can wouldn't that mean you wouldn't really need to soft mod if you can run games from USB HDD?

EDIT: Sorry if there's something obvious here that I'm missing...

4. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

basically the idea is

buy the wiikey fusion. at 30 quid its far cheaper than WODE and he can probably sell it for 20 on ebay..also cheaper than getting another dvd drive

put Lego Indiana Jones on sd card and run it using fusion (fusion is a mod chip that runs games form sd card) use the exploit to soft mod the machine. once soft modded he can then put the games on hard drive.

5. d3monsting

United States
    I see [​IMG] . However, if the game is read by the chip from SD, can the game still access SD because it's being read from there...?

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You can't sell the chip on eBay.
    You could also use Flatmii Fusion; the only downside is that it uses microSD.

Wiikey Fusion has two options: solder it to the Wii's SD card reader, or use the supplied one and hang it off the back of the Wii. You'll want to use the second option.

7. d3monsting

United States
    Oh~~ I see.
    It uses a separate reader?

8. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    AS an option, if you don't mind having a slightly less pretty reader hanging out the back of your Wii/taped to the side.