Hacking Can you update a game you installed from cia?

OTSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I google searched and searched the forum and I can't find my answer. I have a game installed on my o3ds emunand running 10.3.0-28U. It gives me an UPDATE NOTICE: before i start it. If I try to launch it, it says A software update is available Press Y to update or A to Launch Software. Can I update it without messing anything up? will it work still?

Last edited by OTSS,
D

Deleted User

Can't you install game updates in the form of a CIA? I swear I saw some game update packs on that iso site.

OTSS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, u can update, its safe.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't you install game updates in the form of a CIA? I swear I saw some game update packs on that iso site.
I did for Super Smash Bros (also got all the DLC, that was a long start up process of all the stuff I unlocked before playing lol) I just didn't want to have to find one for every game I want to play

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing updates as CIAs is easy but can be inconsistent as hell in some cases, especially if you also try to throw a DLC CIA at it too.

It's safe to download it straight from the eShop, just make sure your shit is set up properly (unlinked (how I did it anyway), no database BS, no tubehax DNS0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(also got all the DLC)

Dang it. The file I found for it on that ISO site didn't work. ;-;

still stuck with just every character in the game and every stage that isn't peach's castle and the Black Knight outfit. can't a boy ask for more in life

D

Deleted User

I guess if you're running the latest FW on Emunand, everything will be okay, as it's treated as a normal 10.3 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?