Can you transfer retail ORAS save to Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Thesolcity, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Thesolcity
    OP

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    Tried dumping as a 3DZ, but I keep getting the "Save File is Corrupted" error.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. someonewhodied

someonewhodied Lazy Person

Sep 21, 2008
    United States
    if you have a jpn cart you can use savedatafiler to import the "main" save file that you extract using cybergadget save editor.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Thesolcity
    OP

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    I should mention, its the USA cart.

4. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    For that game, you can only do it if you played the retail game on Gateway Classic mode due to custom encryption of the save. It's unfortunate, because I tried with a retail Pokemon Y so many times in the past and have been keeping up with the scene up to date :/ . However the Gateway Team said they are working on a good save compatibility/transfer feature in their next update. I'm personally looking forward to it.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    This is something I would like to do as well since I have the retail game. I've been playing it in Gateway classic mode, so here's being hopeful!
    It'll be way more convenient to have all your games on one cartridge. Currently I have to have gateway red card in my 3ds to boot into classic, then have to switch it with my retail cartridge.

6. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    If I recall correctly, since you played in classic mode, you can use SaveDataFiler on Gateway EmuNAND and export your save to your SD, then import it onto a CIA version of the game or a ROM (make sure your ROM is selected through the MultiROM menu before opening SaveDataFiler).

7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah if you've been playing it on classic mode, just dump the game and copy it to the red card's micro SD. Your save will be there and should be perfectly functional.

8. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I would like to look into that. Do you have any links on hand right now that I could reference to?

That's something I could try too. I did this already to get the header from it, but I never actually tried putting it on my microsd card for gateway to read from.

9. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    Margen67 likes this.
  10. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Just activate Gateway (Profile > Nintendo DS Profile) with your Pokemon cart inserted. Then select 'DUMP GAME CARTRIDGE' or something similar. Wait until it finishes, the rom will be on your big SD card. You only have to rename from .3ds to .3dz and you can use it on your red cart.

EDIT: ah you've already done it before, so it's even easier hah

11. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    Just an update for future wonderers on this tipic:

I did as stated above and when I went on gateway to load up the rom, I got the fragmentation error. A quick internet search brought me to a solution to defrag my sd card. I've read that you don't ever want to defrag and SSD, and to me, a micro sd is sorta the same thing. Instead I will move all my roms out of mircro sd card, and then copy them back in one at a time. I'll update this post if it works.
    Edit: It works. My save too.

I have a question though now... Whenever I want to add a new rom to my SD card, am I going to have to do this process each time?

12. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    If your MicroSD card is genuine, there shouldn't be any issues. I've gotten defragmentation issues when loading bad ROMs and never had to defragment my MicroSD.

13. GrabitHot

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I shouldn't be getting any deframentation errors? Or there shouldn't be any problem defraging sd card? In either case, I have a genuine MircroSD card brought from Bestbuy on black friday.

14. _Tim_

_Tim_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    Belgium
    No. You can use this tool to fix the fragmentation error.

15. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    You shouldn't be getting defragmentation errors everytime you add a new ROM. It is very rare.