Can you transfer Pokemon Gen 1 to Sun/Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sapphirexe, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sapphirexe
    OP

Sapphirexe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Oschatz
    Hello GBATemp users.
    I got a question. Is there a possibility to transfer Pokemon from Gen 1 Red/Blue to Sun/Moon with the help of homebrew? Since there is an update for Pokebank and I don´t want to pay for it, there must be a way to do the same as a homebrew, right?
    I searched for a long time but couldn´t find anything about it. Can someone help me?

Thanks ^^

PS: No I dont want to edit my Sun/Moon boxes to have legit Gen 1 Pokemon, I want my Pokemon from my VC Blue to my Moon without having to pay for Pokebank.

2. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Either pay £5 for bank for a legitimate transfer, or use save editing for a potentially incorrectly transferred pokemon!

3. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    The algorithms are out there for the transfer now that the official transfer is available for study, and the gen 7 files have been cracked open. It COULD be done, but I don't think anyone's done it yet. Saving people $5/year is not a lot of incentive for it either, and it would be far more work than simply doing a favor or having a job enough to get $5. So it's more cost-effective for the developer to actually use Bank.

4. Sapphirexe
    OP

Sapphirexe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Oschatz
    Okay thank you!