Hacking Can you transfer installed games from your Wii U to another Wii U's hard drive?

robco7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I've never heard this asked anywhere, but if you have games installed on your Wii U's hard drive (or external hard drive) is it possible to transfer them to another person's modded system, the same way you can transfer them between your system's hard drive and your external hard drive?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I do is keep backups of my WUP files on my computer and my saves too because if your Wii U ever stops working and you have to get another one you will lose all of it. Even if you tried to use the same hard drive that has all your games on a different Wii U it won't work because the hard drive is encoded to the Wii U as well.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: robco7 and naddel81

robco7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
What I do is keep backups of my WUP files on my computer and my saves too because if your Wii U ever stops working and you have to get another one you will lose all of it. Even if you tried to use the same hard drive that has all your games on a different Wii U it won't work because the hard drive is encoded to the Wii U as well.
I was wondering, how do you back up your save files? And does it work for all types of games, even something like GameCube?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, how do you back up your save files? And does it work for all types of games, even something like GameCube?

SaveMii for Wii U games and some Virtual Console games (N64, and DS). Not sure about other Virtual Console systems because I don't have any on mine. There's a backup and restore option.

Gamecube games are saved on your sd card under saves. So all you'd have to do is put the sd card in your computer copy that folder over to your computer. Wii games are saved on the vWii side under Wii > settings. There's a homebrew program that is better for backing up Wii saves (because some are copy protected) but I can't remember what it is right now.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: robco7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)