Can you suggest a child Japanese game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by test84, Dec 6, 2007.

Dec 6, 2007
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    I would like to play some childish japanese game which uses first like 100 Kanjis and hiragana/katakana with basic words in order to help with our learning process of Japanese. [​IMG]

like those kid games which their audience are kids under 12 and their language is easy enough for a n00b in Japanese. [​IMG]

its genre is not that important, but not so stupid games plz!

thnx in advance. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kazuki_pl

Member kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
  3. zeppo

Member zeppo change my avatar!

United States
    You didn't actually answer his question. Besides, most of the games shown there require a fair amount of kanji known in the first place.
    I know, like, 10.

4. test84
    OP

Iran
    yes, i would like just simple games, to force myself to read what says there and child game for not being thrown into walls of kanjis with different readings and meanings and ...

EDIT:
    Maybe Hadrian can help us out.

5. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    They should make a "My Japanese Coach" game >.>; My kanji sucks although I know enough to read a japanese newspaper (apparently, I've never tried to but my friend who was teaching me said I could).

@test84: Nice user title.

6. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    ^^Yah I want that badly if it happens. My wife just got the French one and it's cheezy but super effective for learning fast. Use of the microphone, touch and speakers are very well done and accurate. None of that blue...broo shit from Brain Age 1.

7. kazuki_pl

Member kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    #0796 Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu - very good to learn kanji and readings, if you will break trough menus

#0584 Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru: DS Kanji no Shou* - almost everything is writed in hiragana/katakana

Every (well, almost every, there is one exception*) "kanji training" soft on NDS requires some kanji knowledge...

8. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    The Japanese version of Metroid Fusion (or was it zero mission) has Adult (Kanji) and Children modes (Hira/Kata).
    You could learn how to write bomb, and laser in Kanji.

9. test84
    OP

Iran
    i'm not after learning Kanji here, i'm after games to play in order to USE my japanese knowledge, like reading a sentence and going after to understand what does it mean and then going on, thats the way i learned english.

we can set a game and everyone get it, then try to read each one and type here, then people with more knowledge could parse it and tell what does it mean or can help us with hard ones or mistakes.

so dont suggest a learning game, i just want a normla Japanese game, a simple child one.

10. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I was gonna post the game mentioned in this article http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/12/05/get-you...icense-from-d3/
    till I read the whole thing and learnt that I, like others had mis read your goal. Sadly the games that I play in japanese are never really played for their story (Well atleast being able to understand it.) When you take into consideration all I've played in Japanese is a Naruto sidescroller before the english version, The Ryusei no Rockman games (I still got the first english conterpart) Osu Tatakae Ouendan and Soukouki kehi Gunground Kaitou Rousseau and one I can't find the name of. (I swear I'm not trying to brag) But if the game isn't meant to teach you some basics aren't you then just hoping to find a game that you think will be easy to 'translate'? I don't mean for everyone to be able to play in english but if you did it to learn some basic japanese because thats all the game offered isn't it the same thing?

11. Zerv

Newcomer Zerv Newbie

Taiwan
    Kodomo no Tame no Yomi Kikase

12. test84
    OP

Iran
    would u please talk about those games?

13. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Ontama is a game with simple kanji and a very simple to follow story. Also, it may be smart to do a quick playthrough of the English version of the game first, so you actually know what the story is.

http://gbatemp.net/?showtopic=53269

14. Zerv

Newcomer Zerv Newbie

Taiwan
  15. test84
    OP

Iran
    anyone else?

16. CrimsoniteX

Member CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well you could just sit down and study the K-6 kanji until you understand them all. then you can play pretty much any game. It sounds to me like you knowledge in Japanese is not yet great enough to start playing games. I would just hit the books for a bit longer, then pick up any number a Japanese games.

The problem with your logic in this is as follows:

Grade -- Known Kanji
    -------------------------------
    1st Grader -- 80 Kanji
    2nd Grader -- 240 Kanji
    3rd Grader -- 440 kanji
    4th Grader -- 640 Kanji
    5th Grader -- 825 Kanji
    6th Grader -- 1,006 Kanji

When does a child start playing a video game at reading level? Most likely second or third grade, in which case you should already know about 440 different Kanji to find a "childrens game". How many do you know now? If you want to play those 12+ games, expect to be familiar with over 1,000 Kanji.