Hacking Can you still play games from a disc if your ps3 is jailbroken?

Can you still play games from a disc if your ps3 is jailbroken?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pepo123453

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi sorry for a noobish question i was just wondering? I have a ps3 slim ferrox cfw 4.80 ofw and multiman thank you

Pepo123453

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a bounch of games already on my hdd and i got uncharted 3 which is a pretty big game thats why i asked about play games with a disc

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aldostools also has a game ripper. it will delete the update partition by default, then delete extra languages, 3d movies (if u don't have a 3d television), etc. I think it's a part of his ps3 tools which u should download if u haven't already. it will create a dummy file of 0 bytes in lieu of the actual file after deletion. it will store the files on ur computer in case a game doesn't run. I've done it to all of my games, and I haven't encountered any problems thus far. though, I don't game on my ps3 really, so I haven't tested every game. lol :P I have a mini-tutorial on how to use the game ripper in my pinky's ps3 tutorials part either 1 or 2 (not sure which one it's in) thread. :)

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and technically no. I have heard from people and my own experience that sometimes installing a cfw damages the disk reading laser and some disk refuse to work correctly as a result. When i had my ps3, some disk games stopped working after an hour of game play while others worked correctly or didn't work at all even if they were new.

Pepo123453

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks i'll keep that in mind

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks ill keep that in mind

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and technically no. I have heard from people and my own experience that sometimes installing a cfw damages the disk reading laser and some disk refuse to work correctly as a result. When i had my ps3, some disk games stopped working after an hour of game play while others worked correctly or didn't work at all even if they were new.
i believe that is just old lazers dieing out

Reactions: Subtle Demise

shadowpanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some digital games even need to emulate from BD, like Tales of Graces f. If you don't have an original game, then the game, for whatever reason, doesn't run. But yeah, you can. I use both retail and digital games on my PS3.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some digital games even need to emulate from BD, like Tales of Graces f. If you don't have an original game, then the game, for whatever reason, doesn't run. But yeah, you can. I use both retail and digital games on my PS3.
huh what about bd? whats bd? and how many games does this effect?

shadowpanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oh bluray ok so wait wouldn't running it in emulate bluray help in preventing bans?

Idk and I won't risk it lol. I'll keep waiting for the time when we a surefire tool to use PSN without jailbreak being detected. I don't know much about this, either way, so maybe somebody else can answer your question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr