Hacking Can you safely play legit CIAs online?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By "legit" I mean the ones that are copied from pre-installs on other 3DS systems.

I've been reading about playing games online, and adding a private header to a .3DS ROM and renaming it .3DZ, but there's less info about using CIAs.

Do regular (illegitimate) CIAs need a private header adding too?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cia's don't need a header as they don't have that infomation, even the ones that aren't properly signed. As to whether it's safe... for now, yes, but in the long run, no one knows.

D

Deleted User

i guess in future there ll be a possibility to get banned (checking ticket information from eshop with the ticket db from ur 3ds can show a mismatch for example. they could allow one mistake (for example a preinstalledgame) but then it could lead to ban.(just one way to find fake cia users) but right now its safe

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
i guess in future there ll be a possibility to get banned (checking ticket information from eshop with the ticket db from ur 3ds can show a mismatch for example. they could allow one mistake (for example a preinstalledgame) but then it could lead to ban.(just one way to find fake cia users) but right now its safe
Playing by their rules, I could buy more than one 3DS console with a different preinstalled game, and transfer through all of them one by one. I'd have several preinstalled games then, all of them legit.

I'm sure Nintendo could detect and flag things like this, but I doubt they'd ban anyone just for this, not when non-legit CIAs are much more of a threat to them and easier to detect ( at least in theory).

All they have to do to stop legit CIAs spreading is, from now on, stop preinstalling games on bundles and instead include a physical copy or a one-time download code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: