Gaming Can you run Project M using a pirated version of Brawl?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,909
  • Replies 12
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
My family currently doesn't own an actual disc for Brawl, but we'd still like to use Project M. Will it work, or will I have to do extra crud to get it to work?

Reactions: Margen67

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can. Make sure the Project M files are in the correct place, put the cheats file in whatever folder your USB loader loads cheats from and load the game with cheats. It may not work 100% though, since there is one file that isn't being loaded that way (I forgot what exactly, but it's some Gecko OS thing that goes in SD root)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
You can. Make sure the Project M files are in the correct place, put the cheats file in whatever folder your USB loader loads cheats from and load the game with cheats. It may not work 100% though, since there is one file that isn't being loaded that way (I forgot what exactly, but it's some Gecko OS thing that goes in SD root)

I think that would be gameconfig.txt

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the posts on smashboards and the instructions were this:
"use USB Loader GX.

Use the homebrew version,put the private and codes folders on the root of your SD and put "Ocarina ON" on the game options before you start the game."
It sounds simple enough.

D

Deleted User

OP
I imported a US Brawl from ebay for about $40NZD including shipping.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
well i saw an ISO file in emudesc of smash bros patt edition, I think you can also do it with project m
RSBE05.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: