Hardware Can you replace those silver button press thingies under the abyx buttons?

Clydefrosch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So on my N3DS XL, the B button isn't 100% responsive. If i press down on it from just the right angle and with too little force, it's not registering a press.

On older controllers, this would usually be solved with alcohol and a cotton swab, but looking at the disassembly guide, i realized the n3ds has these silver clicky domes
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/MIXKCI3lwwyhcvQw.large

Can these actually be replaced (or removed to clean the contact I assume sits below)? Or do I have to look for an entirely different board to fix that button?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can be removed because it's just one fairly strong piece of sticker. Just peel it from the white edge half off instead of the whole thing while you clean it so that you don't mess up the sticker alignment.

Clydefrosch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alright, i opened it up, wasn't even hard to get to the daughterboard, but jesus, that sticker was a chore.

eventually, i resorted to using a box cutter to lift it up, but it still felt hard to keep it up and manage to get a qtip under there without breaking it. but i managed and it seems to react more often right now.

Reactions: emcintosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night