Hardware Can you recomend me a good 2TB HDD for gaming (mostly storing data)?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ok so i want to buy a brand new HDD (not SDD) for my desktop.
So since i dont want to spend needless amount of money on 4TB HDD and 1TB IS cheaper but i need at least 2TB, i think that 2TB is just about right for me.

Now i understand that not all HDD's are made equal...
You know...RPM, buffer, build quality, reliable brands, people experiences with product, support, price (probably the most deciding factor..for me at least, but i also want reliability and quality).

Anyway...cnsidering all those factors, i was thinking.. Can you please recomend me and tell me what you think what is the best HDD for my desktop that i can get.
So again, i want it to be a good brand, and when i mean brand i mean a company that has reputation (a realistic one) of making good qualit products with the least amount of complaints and from your personal experience reliable and good quality ones.

Also i wont be using this HDD for system instalation, cause i already have one 1TB HDD that has system installed on it. I need this new one for storing data mostly and perhaps runing games grom it if neded and software, so i also need it to be fast.
When i say fast, dont think in terms of SSD and telling me how i should get the SSD. I need HDD. So its storing mostly but i also want it to be good for gaming.
ATM, where my system is installed i have WDC WD10EZEX. It's a 7200RPM, 64MB HDD, single plate (i believe). I think that's also important for heat.

But anyway, i want something around 85 USD thats aproximate price im willing to pay..more or less..better less haha.

So yeah. Mostly storing but also reliable, good quality and fast enought for gaming, but it wont be the main install location for me anyway. Also educate me please haha so i can make best informative decision. Every dollar count!
I dont want to do cheap needlesly, and i dont want to overprice eather so....

Thanks!

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know if there's a right answer. Due to their nature (of having moving parts), any HDD can fail and everyone has had bad experiences with some brand or the other. I doubt you can find anyone nerdy enough on here to keep track of what drives fail the most and was it a particular batch that some company messed up etc. All you'll find is anecdotal evidence. That being said, people seem to like this drive the most on pcpartpicker.

Reactions: MetoMeto

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HDD are something from the past in 2021. They are worthless i just bought a 4 tb for like 150. SSDs these days are much more affordable than they were and it's worth the extra speed (you know saving time?). You can also buy HDD for cheaper often if you get external and take it appart you just have to know which ones are the frankendrives (do they still exist?). Go for the major brands you<ve seen. Seagate, Western digital... You're not limited hdd are very reliable if you leave them alone... having more than one is a minimum.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good morning. 1tee.gif

So i ended up buying WD blue 2TB. it's 5400rpm and it works great! Thanks!

Congratulations.
Maybe it is this one ?
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06W55K9N6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?