Can you put ps1,ps2, and psp isos into the internal ps3 harddrive and still launch them?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BallisticZombo7, Feb 9, 2019.

1. BallisticZombo7
    OP

BallisticZombo7 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    Im curious if i could put those isos onto the internal hard drive and still launch them with multiMAN
    Im new to ps3 hacking and i havent even hacked mine (since i updated my ps3 to 4.83) and im wondering if thats possible using a homebrewed application

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes (PS3 isos, the most accurate format for bluray game backups, too), as long as you have a Cobra cfw

/dev_hdd0/PSXISO/
    /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/
    /dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/
    /dev_hdd0/PSPISO/

for PSP games you will also need to install a launcher (since the console wasn't designed, for some weird reason, to support UMDs inserted in the original optical drive); the same may or may not be true for PS2 games on consoles without PS2 hardware (don't have one to try lol) :)

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    For PSP games i've been turning them into pkgs and installing them to the XMB. You can do that with PSP2PS3.

http://antidote2x.blogspot.com/2016/10/psp2ps3-212.html

Same compatibility as the compatibility list, but for some reason I keep getting black screen on games that are supposed to work with the launcher but they work fine with pkg.

4. BallisticZombo7
    OP

BallisticZombo7 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    Dude, thanks. Now to wait for the next ps3xploit

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted