Can you play Wii U games online with a mobile hotspot?

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My router malfunctioned and I won't be able to use it for some time. I wonder if it's possible to play online with a hotspot? I'm not sure how to (or if it's even possible) change the NAT settings on those though, would connecting to a VPN work?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even with 5G it's slower plus most HS plans are limited even if your data is unlimited (Metro which i have offers unlimited data for 60 usd/mo but only allows 15GB hotspot total then they charge extra ofc you can circumvent that limit via apps but make sure it hides tether usage otherwise you could be cut off

Reactions: Frenetar

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my router was broken (the coaxial cable pin broke so i had to use an app for 5 days and easily wen't over my 10GB high speed and throtled to 2G that was painful as some sites didn't load after throttle down

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hotspot all the time on 4g and its absolutely fine. Used to play mk8 online a lot and it never let me down. Just set it up as a normal new connection.

Reactions: Kopimist

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I hotspot all the time on 4g and its absolutely fine. Used to play mk8 online a lot and it never let me down. Just set it up as a normal new connection.
I see. It doesn't seem to work for me. I get NAT type D when I do that, and I'm not sure how to change that on hotspot. Would connecting to a VPN work?

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see. It doesn't seem to work for me. I get NAT type D when I do that, and I'm not sure how to change that on hotspot. Would connecting to a VPN work?

That's probably down to your service provider. Some networks differ when it comes to using hotspots. I get Nat type A using mine without changing anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.