Hacking Can you play WBFS files from an External DVD drive?

• Thread starter BryceOne
  • Start date
  • Views 8,720
  • Replies 7
B

BryceOne

OP
Can you burn a DVD with a bunch of smaller WBFS files and play them on the Wii from an external USB DVD drive?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Rasas said:
Yes, you can.
No, you can't. uLoader let's you use an external DVD-Drive, but the games have to be burned as an normal ISO to the Disc, and you can only burn one game per DVD this way. You could use WiiScrubber 1.40/Wiimms ISO Tools to create a Multi-Wii Game DVD/ISO though (then again, this would be completely stupid, just buy an USB-HD/Stick and put your games on it).

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
Rasas said:
Yes, you can.
No, you can't. uLoader let's you use an external DVD-Drive, but the games have to be burned as an normal ISO to the Disc, and you can only burn one game per DVD this way. You could use WiiScrubber 1.40/Wiimms ISO Tools to create a Multi-Wii Game DVD/ISO though (then again, this would be completely stupid, just buy an USB-HD/Stick and put your games on it).

This is correct.

You can only burn a single image file to a disk; this eliminates the factor of having multiple files on one disk.
Whenever you burn a disc, if you want it on the loader, just write the .iso file to the DVD-R; then rip it with the usb loader.
Or, you can simple use Wii Backup Manager, and convert the file to .wbfs, and place it in your folder on your HDD.

Hope this helped.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmbraceFiction said:
Blue-K said:
Rasas said:
Yes, you can.

This is correct.

You can only burn a single image file to a disk; this eliminates the factor of having multiple files on one disk.
Whenever you burn a disc, if you want it on the loader, just write the .iso file to the DVD-R; then rip it with the usb loader.
Or, you can simple use Wii Backup Manager, and convert the file to .wbfs, and place it in your folder on your HDD.

Hope this helped.

You do know your wrong right and this is the proof

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135...p;#entry1773169

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Rasas said:
You do know your wrong right and this is the proof

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135...p;#entry1773169
You do know that I mentioned this right?
QUOTE(Blue-K @ Dec 31 2010, 09:54 PM) ...You could use WiiScrubber 1.40/Wiimms ISO Tools to create a Multi-Wii Game DVD/ISO though (then again, this would be completely stupid, just buy an USB-HD/Stick and put your games on it)...
And you also know that he still can't just drop some .wbfs-Files on a Disk, which was his main question? He still would have to convert them back to ISOs to be able to make such a Disk with WiiScrubber. So, actually, you're still wrong, but thanks for the input though.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Just a few thoughts..
smile.gif

uLoader can play CISO directly from disc too. I haven't tested it, but it should be possible to play from CD as well as DVD, using an external drive. I did test CISO DVDs using a USB DVD drive.

Since I added burning support to WBM, I had the idea of burning a WBFS partition straight to disc. I tested it in WBM and it works fine. If any loaders wanted to support this, I think it would be really handy for backing up discs. Burning individual WBFS files to a data DVD would be better because you can use Windows explorer to copy the games back off the discs. Both methods would be a really easy way to make multigame discs.

B

BryceOne

OP
uLoader looked like it had some really good features, but I didn't like the way it looks. Are there any better skins for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr