PS1/2 Can you play PAL games on a USA PS2 with SwapMagic 2.00 Built?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned a PAL game into a DVD and when I put it into my PS2 the PlayStation 2 read the disk with SwapMagic but the game was all wierd and black and white. Is there a way I can patch the Pal ISO and make it be a USA ISO. I need to do that because I can not find the US version of the game anywere online only in torrents but I don't download torrents. Thanks. And the game is NBA Live 09

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pal - European

NTSC- American/Japanese

Region locked

If you have a NTSC console and you are trying to play a Pal game chances are you are going to see a green screen or a black and white screen. Its because of the tv.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try this:
Boot a copy of Swap Magic 3. After it loads, eject it. Insert the PAL game. Let it read the new TOC. Select NTSC on screen, then press the SQUARE BUTTON for special boot

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Please help and what does PAL and NTSC stand for

PAL = , short for Phase Alternating Line, is an analog television encoding system used in broadcast television systems in large parts of the world.

NTSC (National Television System Committee) is the analog television system that was used in most of the Americas, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Burma, and some Pacific island nations and territories

region map

eriyspdhab7o2ul2r60v.jpg

more info avail on wiki
smile.gif

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay you can try the: Patching PS2 Pal games to NTSC method. Basically patch the ISO of the game and then burn it. Google it, there should be instructions online, not 100% wokring for some titles though.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way I can do it automatically with the Swap Magic 2.00 Built. This is how the Swap Magic looks like when you turn it on It just says Insert Disk then you take it out and put the backup you can't switch the video mode like you could in the new one.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way I can do it automatically with the Swap Magic 2.0 Built. This is how the Swap Magic looks like when you turn it on It just says Insert Disk then you take it out and put the backup you can't switch the video mode like you could in the new one.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't think so. Personally I have never used a Swap Magic, but there are only four ways to get pass this.

-Swap Magic 3.0 ability to load special boot.
-modchip
-a signal converter for your television
-software base patching.

Try software patching seems to be the lease expensive out of these cases.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I download Swap Magic 3.ISO and then burn it into a CD or a DVD and then use it with my Original Swap Magic 2. It could be like a backup or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1