I'm having trouble saving fire red. Does it have a RTC?
If i save in game it says:
Checking the backup memory...
"Time required: about 1 minute"
Note that this isnt the supercard menu this is the games menu, and the game music plays in the background
I've waited long after one minute with no change
If I try real time save, once I load the save back up only the music plays but the screen is black.
Does anyone know why it would be doing this?
I don't think its a bad ROM
I patched it like so:
Enable Save [x]
Enable Saver patch [x]
Enable RTS [x]
External IPS [ ]
Enable Restart [x]
Enable text file [ ]
Enable Cheat [ ]
EDIT: I got real time save working but I'd still like to be able to save traditionally
Thanks in advance for your advice
OK, this worked for me previously in using the in-game save for Pokemon: FireRed, so give it a shot.
You'll need the VBA emulator for this. Some steps might be redundant, but I guess there's no harm in following them.
1. Set VBA Emulator Save Type to Auto/Flash 128K
2. Load Pokemon ROM
3. Import a compatible XPS save game (from GameFAQs)
4. It will state that save file is corrupted, but load it anyway
5. A savegame of extension *.sa1 will be generated. Change it to *.sav
6. Run the ROM through SD Patcher, importing the savegame generated previously.
7. Upload the patched files on the your SD card
8. The game will state that your save file is corrupted, but ignore it and start a new game with it. You should be able to use the in-game save from here on, despite the corrupted save file message.
I heard that the M3 Lite has a better memory chip than the Supercard for GBA games? I haven't run into any GBA problems yet though and maybe Supercard has refined some of their hardware in newer releases/batches of the Supercard Lite product line.