Hacking Can you play GBA games on CycloDS?

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend have a cyclods card, and he is wondering if he can somehow play GBA "backup" games on it? Is there a GBA loader or something?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You need to have the EZ Flash 3-in-1.

There are some ds flashcards that can play GBA roms without the use EZ Flash such as the DSTWO and iPlayer/iSmart.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can load them using the GUI but you will need a 3in1 or similar slot-2 expansion to run them.

In terms of emulation, the iEvolution should be able to at some point. Other cards like the DS Two, as mentioned, will emulate GBA already.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
No I think only in supercard ds2
iPlayer, DSTWO and I Smart can play GBA natively. CycloDS iEvolution should be shipping in second week of December, which is this week. Doubtful that will happen.

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as everyone else says, you need a EZ 3in1.

With a few exceptions, like the extra power in DSi Player (Not a flashcart) and DSTwo, Emulating GBA through a Slot 1 cart on the DS is impossible.

What the Cyclo does is, it uses its GUI to load the GBA rom into the EZ 3in1, and then the 3in1 runs the rom off it's memory as a GBA game in GBA mode.

Once in GBA mode, the Cyclo part of this process is dead. You can even take the Cyclo out and the game is running. Once you start Cyclo again, it copies the temporary save file of the GBA game you played, and stores it on your SD card.

EZ 3in1 doesn't have a GUI of its own to my knowledge; it just does all the GBA work while Cyclo is the manager.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Emulation trough slot one is possible, but you will need a flashcard with built in cpu(so it produces more powerrrr) like
QUOTE said:
Suerpcard dstwo
EX4DSI
iSmart MM
iPlayer
Dunno bout more

If you have a normal card like a cyclo, then you will need a slot 2 flashcard as mentioned above.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
This question in particular should never be asked at all. It's like the number one rule of flash carts.

Unless its got a CPU like the DSTWO, ISmart, EX4DS or iEvo(if it is real).

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSTWO and similar actually emulate using on board CPU?

I seems to remember a proof of concept video about someone running GBA code from Slot-1 via hypervisor ?
Edit: On a second thought it should be what enabled DSTWO to emulate gba lol

What I meant was possibility of a slot1 card accessing DS phat and DS lite's native gba mode capability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: