Hacking Can you play gamecube games on the wii u game pad?

drazenm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant find the answer anywhere so just to ask, if i hack my wii u can i play gamecube games on the wii u game pad screen using the wiiu game pad commands etc?

Thank you ^_^

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think you can play them on the gamepad screen, but not using the gamepad controls.
This is true. You cannot and will not be able to play Gamecube games with the gamepad unless/until a Gamecube loader is released for Wii U mode. (Not sure if this is plausible or even possible, but it's unlikely to be any time soon.)

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't some of the downloadable (off the eshop) wii games support gamepad control? We might be able to develop a way to do it using that (although if it relies on a specific vIOS it might need one of said games to be installed for it to work)
As far as I know, those games are Virtual Console games. They are installed on WiiU, not vWii, and they are adapted to be compatible with (and make use of) WiiU gamepad.

Best regards,
Davor

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, those games are Virtual Console games. They are installed on WiiU, not vWii, and they are adapted to be compatible with (and make use of) WiiU gamepad.

Best regards,
Davor

I thought it was discovered that they acted more like a "shortcut" of sorts and that it boots into a hybrid wii/Wii U mode of sorts.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was discovered that they acted more like a "shortcut" of sorts and that it boots into a hybrid wii/Wii U mode of sorts.
Well, as I said, as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought there are some VC games that utilize a gamepad screen, and if there are, it would not be possible to accomplish that without adapting them. This is what they say about the VC games on the Nintendo site:

Classics Made Better
When you download a classic title from the Nintendo eShop, it'll include new features that take advantage of your Wii U console's capabilities.​

Again, I could be wrong, just shared my thoughts on that.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't some of the downloadable (off the eshop) wii games support gamepad control? We might be able to develop a way to do it using that (although if it relies on a specific vIOS it might need one of said games to be installed for it to work)
In theory, yes, but in practice it's a lot harder to do because of the cafe2wii only working one way (we lose all support for Wii U hax upon entering the Wii game and can only access Wii hax if we exit the Wii game). Plus, I believe it was found that the games are packaged in a sort of vWii "wrapper", meaning they don't exactly boot into vWii so much as temporarily create a small virtual machine to run itself in. (Think WINE)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1