Gaming Emulation Can you play Carmageddon on the switch?

Mc_Burt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone! I had asked the question a few years ago now, but I couldn't find any solution, so I'll try again here: Is there any way to play carmageddon on nintendo switch ? The pc version (not the playstation or n64 version).
I've never been able to get it to run on the psx emulator and the n64 version is just the worst version of the game ever made.
And I've never managed to run Dosbox on the switch and I was wondering if anyone has managed to install it on the switch ^^
Thanks in advance for your answers!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aw I wanted to suggest the N64 version in jest.

I don't think the modern one is going to get a Switch port. Dosbox might be within realms of running it (486-pentium era should be reasonable for this), though I have no idea what its 3dfx support is like and I would not even bother hoping networking would work if you want to go down that path.

There is an android version from 2013 or so nominally based on the first. I don't know what that one is like but I should note it as part of this as there is a Switch version of Android out there, might also one day be a nice base for a decompilation but that is more of a distant dream. https://osgameclones.com/ does also list http://1amstudios.com/projects/openc1/ albeit as halted (and last updates appear to be 2009 timeframe so yeah).

Reactions: Tarmfot

Mc_Burt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for your information, suddenly I see more clearly ^^
It's a shame, but there are already many other games from my childhood that I can play on switch and that's it!
I'm just going to play it again on pc, like in the good old days! :)

Mc_Burt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why not? it works fine
Previously I had retroarch but the game was stuck at the start screen and I was never able to fix the problem (tried different games etc). It happened in some games.
And then I wanted to try again, reinstall the latest version of retroarch and... retroarch crashes when I start the .nro... So I try to find a solution so that it starts perfectly on atmosphere.:hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1