Hacking Can you override your old wad...

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've modded my Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life as a King wad file to have infinite gil/elementites, I'd like to know if I need to remove the old one first before I install the new one.

I've only modded 00000002.app with hex editor, is there a chance of bricking? Thanks for your time.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From personal experience (or OCD...I'm not sure which), I prefer to remove the .wad first and then install the new one. It doesn't take long at all. If there are any risks associated with attempting to overwrite a wad file, I've yet to see one mostly because I've never attempted to overwrite.

If you are scared of a possible brick, just be sure you always have a way of recovering your Wii in case anything goes wrong and you should never have to worry about that happening.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tichinde925 said:
JKR said:
From personal experience (or OCD...I'm not sure which), I prefer to remove the .wad first and then install the new one.

You should NEVER do that when handling any of the IOS (Mainly IOS30 if on 3.2 or IOS50 on 3.4) or the SystemMenu wads.

I'd like to know why.

I've never upped my Wii from 3.2 sysmenu and I've never had an issue with doing this. I'd like a reason rather then I should NEVER do it.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slaphappygamer said:
it will get oberwritten and you may brick your wii. thats ok, though, cuz you have a way to recover, right?

I got Starfall, Twilight Hack 3.2 and TP. It might help in the worst case. (still on 3.2U)

JKR Firefox said:
Tichinde925 said:
QUOTE(JKR @ Jan 26 2009, 09:42 AM) From personal experience (or OCD...I'm not sure which), I prefer to remove the .wad first and then install the new one.

You should NEVER do that when handling any of the IOS (Mainly IOS30 if on 3.2 or IOS50 on 3.4) or the SystemMenu wads.

I'd like to know why.

I've never upped my Wii from 3.2 sysmenu and I've never had an issue with doing this. I'd like a reason rather then I should NEVER do it.

I've heard it about someone recommending "overwritting" IOS rather than "deleting" it because they are required to run the Wii console, I suppose they are like system32 folder. Don't quote me on that though.

How many times did wad installation brick case occurred outside of banner brick? Just curious.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
only in IOS is recomended to overide, in VC and WW you can delete first then write, but actually it is only recomend to delete the existing file IF you got an error while the installation...!!!
smile.gif

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I've seen from experience that if you erase the System Menu with the WAD, and then re-install the System Menu in the same WAD Manager session, you'll end up with a brick - regarding system stuff, I think it's best never to erase it at all, and just to overwrite.. It's a full brick where it doesn't even get to the point that you can try to use a SaveMii..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans