Homebrew Question Can you only play games without LAN-play between two CFW Switches?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the best way I could word the title sorry. Anyway, I don't often make threads for questions like this anymore but I can't figure this out for some reason. I have a banned switch with Sxos, and my friend has a stock Switch. We wanna play Terraria and from what I can tell, it's *possible* to do between to switches with CFW, but not between a CFW Switch and a stock one. Is that true, or is there still a way for us to play?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since your console is banned. No, at least not without the the help of Lan-play or something similar. You can do local though, but it requires you to be near each other

Reactions: BigOnYa

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Simple :
If there's a LAN mode, then it's possible to play with unhacked Switch consoles.

If there's not, then it means that ldn_mitm is mandatory, therefore you can only play with hacked Switch consoles.

You do need to make sure a LAN mode is available, which is very specific. « local » or « wireless » mean you won't be able to play with unhacked consoles. LAN mode is what you need. http://www.lan-play.com/games will help you but I don't know if it includes absolutely all games that have a LAN mode, but I think it at least got the most of the titles

Reactions: BigOnYa

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I have my answer. Thanks guys. This thread can be shut down
10502281_10106734658876514_2303056279729323611_n.jpg

Reactions: Nerdtendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat