1. Nerdtendo

OP Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    I'm trying to use sys-dvr with a certain game that doesn't usually allow recording. Is it possible to mod it to allow the 30 second capture feature? I'm specifically talking about Breath of the Wild's VR mode

banjo2 likes this.
  2. Nerdtendo

United States
    A way to force the switch to display on both the TV and console at the same time would also work

3. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    Not yet but it's being worked on.

banjo2 and Nerdtendo like this.
  4. Nerdtendo

United States
    Oh now I'm interested. I expected the answer to be a straight up no. Who's working on it?

banjo2 likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Do we know if it is just a flag that disables things much like you might have things to prevent save transfer or is it a resources issue (think starts lagging when I try to capture) as well?

Nerdtendo and banjo2 like this.
  6. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust E tier homebrew dev

United Kingdom
    Recording is disabled by default since it wasn't supported when the Switch launched so there's a flag in ndpm that enables it, the game needs to allocate vram for recording though so it's not as simple as just setting the flag to true. Can't remember the source for this but someone in AtlasNX told me when I was asking about a mitm module to just enable it for all games.

Nerdtendo and banjo2 like this.
  7. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower I am you.

Canada
    I hadn't thought about it til now, but I've streamed 1st person LABO to 5ghz SysDVR for a good while now, and I suppose this would be the reason why that was even possible. 900p to a 720p screen with a slight CPU and 1600 RAM overclock is tolerable btw, and the FOV mod disables their terrible headtracking and allows controller gyro. Have fun

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - recording, usually, wouldnt