Hacking can you make the r4 not startup directly?

azerty123456789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it possible to make the r4 not startup directly? Like the acekard 2i.
So that it can support download play on the meny screen of the ds like the ackard 2i so that you can use thing like the poketransfer?

azerty123456789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wood r4 will not work and is not supported on my r4 i cant play games with wood r4 but can I use that wood r4 for just the transfer the pokemon from the fourth generation game only not just for playing it? Beacuse my pokemon white is just the orignal one and not a just a copy or rom.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
AlanJohn said:
Yes... Just get WoodR4

Mind you explain how?
I use WoodR4 (R4 original 1:1 clone) myself, but it always auto-boots to the woodR4 menu. not the DS's firmware.
(The boot mode is set to manual from the DS' Firmware)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
azerty123456789 said:
Wood r4 will not work and is not supported on my r4 i cant play games with wood r4 but can I use that wood r4 for just the transfer the pokemon from the fourth generation game only not just for playing it? Beacuse my pokemon white is just the orignal one and not a just a copy or rom.
... Then try retro's updates

azerty123456789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tired those before also but they dont work i dont need to play the game (heartgold) beacause i have all my pokemon I want transfer already i just need ot get my r4 to not statrup idrectly to get to the menu donwload play/ichat (or somehing or like that) so that I can use the poketransfer signal taht come from my original pokemon white. Besides retro updates also statup directly.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was something you could fix in the Nintendo DS settings. Boot the DS without any games plugged in, go into the settings, and change it to Manual Mode.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
azerty123456789 said:
I tired those before also but they dont work i dont need to play the game (heartgold) beacause i have all my pokemon I want transfer already i just need ot get my r4 to not statrup idrectly to get to the menu donwload play/ichat (or somehing or like that) so that I can use the poketransfer signal taht come from my original pokemon white. Besides retro updates also statup directly.
Hm... So you don't want the R4 to start up when you load your DS? Besides you can't trade you're pokemon from white to heartgold until you beat the game...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Lacius said:
I thought this was something you could fix in the Nintendo DS settings. Boot the DS without any games plugged in, go into the settings, and change it to Manual Mode.

I did that, it doesn't work.
It will still boot automatically into WoodR4 (I have an R4 original.) I'm starting to believe it's not possible to make it boot from the DS firmware and THEN the card.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just the way the R4 works. You can't really change it. It will boot directly every time.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:

nope, has same result. And Wood R4 doesn't have an option to not auto-boot, well at least not in the GUI while turned on anyway.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Rayder said:
It's just the way the R4 works. You can't really change it. It will boot directly every time.

I see, I figured out as much after messing with all the settings.
Thanks anyway Rayder ^^

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wizzerzak said:
and anyway, i very rarely use ds menu anyway. And on the rare occasion that do, just pop the card out for a sec.

The DS will not read the R4 once it's been taken out of the Slot.
At least mine doesn't recognize it once I get it out and enter the DS BIOS mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb