Hacking Can you "link" preinstalled CIA's to a NNID?

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Title. I (somehow) managed to do it once (by mistake), and now I have some Pokemon Blue(in all languages) in my Account. Anyone knows how that can be done again? 'Cause u can then kindly ask nintendo to unlink it and then link it to a 11.0 3ds. :)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, go ahead and tell Nintendo you've been stealing their shit. When you install a CIA, a ticket for the title is installed which makes the eShop recognize the title is purchased until you format the NAND. It's not actually tied to your account.

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, go ahead and tell Nintendo you've been stealing their shit. When you install a CIA, a ticket for the title is installed which makes the eShop recognize the title is purchased until you format the NAND. It's not actually tied to your account.
It is certainly possible as I was able to do that once by mistake ._.
I think it works by deleting all save data u can delete so eshop rechecks for preinstalled software

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It is certainly possible as I was able to do that once by mistake ._.
Mm, no. If you've not purchased the game, it's not tied to your account. Like I said, if you format the NAND that the CIA is installed to, then the eShop will no longer allow you to redownload the title as if you had purchased it.

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mm, no. If you've not purchased the game, it's not tied to your account. Like I said, if you format the NAND that the CIA is installed to, then the eShop will no longer allow you to redownload the title as if you had purchased it.
I asked nintendo to unlink the nnid and I linked it to another system. It worked on the other system. I'm trying to figure out what i did there ._.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I asked nintendo to unlink the nnid and I linked it to another system. It worked on the other system. I'm trying to figure out what i did there ._.
Oh, I thought you were talking about transferring a pirated game to another account, which makes no sense. Yeah, if you call Nintendo and tell them you sold the system without unlinking the NNID (or something along those lines), they'll ask you a few questions about the consoles (color, model, etc.) as well as what your NNID screen name is. It usually takes about two business days for them to relinquish the account. However, if you still have access to the console with your NNID, you can just unlink it yourself from System Settings.

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon Blue/Red are "legit" cias, so you can re-download the game from the eShop after you've installed it (Actually you have to).

Meaning, they will be linked to your account if you install it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Blue/Red are "legit" cias, so you can re-download the game from the eShop after you've installed it (Actually you have to).

I thought that didn't apply, even if the CIAs were legit. Oh well.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

They won't be linked to your account. Eg if you perform a system transfer to a non-CFW 3DS, they will not follow. They can be 'linked' to your console, and that's it. Not to your account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)