Can you help me with my wii blackscreen?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tanzer, Nov 10, 2013.

1. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    Can you please point me in the right direction regarding my wii.
    -I turned it on one day and it gives me black screen and wii remotes won't sync they keep flashing.
    -I don't think i have bootmii as boot2 for all i remember i only managed to install it as ios.
    -I am able to go into preloader with reset button but im unable to control the menu and this version of preloader didnt have the solution for no remotes like priloader.
    -I put in an sd card with bootmii files i found online and it gave me the rescue menu with wii version on bottom right
    -now i have 2 options I either get a gamecube controller and attempt to navigate the preloader or i buy an original game and put it in rescue menu to recover .
    -also note that the wii turns on with the wiimote power button but doesnt sync or power off and takes some delay to turn on too
    not sure if wifi module or bluetooth or simply soft error
    please tell me what i can do :unsure:

2. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    If you can get to the rescue menu, it looks like you have a bannerbrick/semi-brick, try the following:

- Download a copy of Wii B.L.I.N.D (http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/2591-B.L.I.N.D.-The-new-way-to-fix-region-bricks!).
    - Copy this to your SD card using the instructions below:

Remove your SD card, power on the Wii, and make sure it worked.

You can alternativly use WiiScrubber to take a legal game backup you have and change the main .dol inside to the B.L.I.N.D backup disc one, burn this to a DVD -R and use that in your Wii on the rescue screen, it should autoboot.
    - You can then navigate around, and use .WADs from NUSDownloader, etc. to reinstall the system menu or remove channels that may have caused a bannerbrick.

NUSDownloader Link: https://code.google.com/p/nusdownloader/
    The system menu IOS is IOS36 if you wanted to reinstall that, please be careful however that the system version and regions match.

3. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    thank you for your fast responce but let me make sure you didnt misunderstand before i try this:
    I have preloader not priloader and the bootmii folder i put on the sd that got me into the rescue menu was not mine i found someone randomly said try this and it got me into the rescue menu only using the sdcard without gc controller .
    Also my wii remote doesnt sync or work inside preloader so i cant tap like the instructions says
    thank you :)

4. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    im going to try it now

5. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    the wiimote doesn't sync inside preloader so i can't do much :/

6. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    i will try the second method tommorow

7. AwesomeMarioFan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    In that case, it could be one of the following:
    - Broken Bluetooth Module inside Wii
    - Corrupted IOS

Can you power the Wii on with the remote before it stops working? Or does it not connect at all.

Edit: Also did you not have a NAND backup from before this happened?

8. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    but i think in either case the problem is that the wiimote doesnt sync so i cant control anything

9. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    if the wii led is red and i press power on wiimote it turns it on then it doesnt sync and cant power off with remote must long press on power button

10. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    I read it can also be wifi module but i fear i won't be able to open the entire wii to change that

11. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    I made a nand backup long time ago i could look for it but it would be on one of the old laptops but it is there somewhere..

12. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    I've been out of the modding business for a while so i forgot a lot but I remember that when i tried to make bootmii boot 2 privelege it failed but it should run from inside preloader if i can control the menu with gamecube controller.

13. AwesomeMarioFan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    If the Wii remotes worked before the brick then it must be a corrupted IOS.
    I have just verified that the BLIND disc does in fact allow GameCube remotes to be used to navigate the screen, do you have one of those?
    If so, the second method should work great.

I myself use PriiLoader to get to the recovery menu without the GameCube remote trick, however since you only have the older PreLoader, hopefully your SD card method will work.

14. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    wii remote worked and everything worked .one day i press power on remote to turn on the wii and it keeps blinking and doesnt sync and ofc blackscreen .
    I put preloader because i did this 2 years ago .
    I can manage to get a GC controller in a couple of weeks.
    I dont know how this sd card method works i put bunch of files on sd and it loads the 4.2US on bottom right in blackscreen.
    So should i get the GC and use the BLIND disc and do what then?
    or use sd card rescue menu?

15. AwesomeMarioFan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    The blinking was probably a BootMii problem.

The only options that I can see possible here would be:
    - You can restore a NAND dump with BootMii
    - You can use the BLIND disc to reinstall the system menu for your version and region

The Wii remote isn't supposed to sync in the recovery menu, but should work when in the BLIND disc, so you shouldn't have to buy a GameCube remote in that case.

16. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    i meant the wiimote blinking not the wii disc :D sorry abt that

17. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    So if i burn a disc it can resync the remote if i autoboot it from the rescue menu that i get with this sd card?

18. AwesomeMarioFan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    Yep, that looks to be the case. :)
    If you want an even easier way, you can just copy these files to the SD card (http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=101) (Extract the .zip first).
    The only problem with that would be that you would loose the recovery menu from the SD card, but it should instead autoboot into BLIND.
    (If you're using this method, I would backup your SD card first since you may need to restore the files at a later time.)

If you don't want to take any risks editing the files there, then there's always the disc method as well.

19. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    I will try to burn the disc tommorow because i dont have dvd-r only dvd+r now

20. tanzer
    OP

tanzer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2013
    Egypt
    thank you for your help :)