Can you help me identify an arcade game?

Nick1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there was a side-scrolling shooter game that came out FOREVER ago... you were basically flying a ship, moving left to right (I know, sounds like a few thousand others).

But the hook was you could collect other components of the ship... and one of the buttons would cause your ship to use those components to transform. You could switch to different configurations for different types of fire, and if you got all of the components, you actually transformed into a robot.

It was a side scroller but I feel like the view was top-down.

Anyone maybe have any clue what this game might have been called?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know if it was Japanese or western?

New weapons does not narrow things down much and the main one I used to play that allowed transformation mainly had it as a "whenever you like" option where you traded speed and manoeuvrability for firepower.

Nick1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty certain it was a U.S. release, but I'm not 100%.

I know it's really vague. I found one called "Finalizer" that's very similar, but I don't think that's it.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well now, that could be a lot of things, but I suppose Terra Cresta is the first to spring to mind, although the transformation part in that game was a phoenix IIRC. Crisis Force let you change between thee different ship formations. There's also Heavy Unit, which allowed progressive transformation into robot form.

Other than that, I'm drawing blank for now, hey its early and I've only had 1L of coffee today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Yea?