Hacking Can you get banned for playing online with Luma3DS?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Depends. If you still use a Sky3DS with a public header and use cheats online, the fact you're in Luma won't protect you indeed :P
But if you're just using a cia and not doing anything weird, yeah, that's safe.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
CFW + CIAs alone - No bans
Cheating - Maybe (especially if you cheat in free-to-start or free-to-play games like Nintendo Badge Arcade)
FlahsCards - Yes if you use public ROM dumps without altering their headers to a private one, or specially Sky3DS if you rely on their standard template.
If you patch the ROMs to use private headers (that is, a header dump that only you have access to) then you're safe.

People seem wary of using tickets files to get content from Nintendo's servers with homebrews like FBI, tikdevil, freeshop and others but I dunno how those processes actually work so I can't confirm anything about these matters.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
People seem wary of using tickets files to get content from Nintendo's servers with homebrews like FBI, tikdevil, freeshop and others but I dunno how those processes actually work so I can't confirm anything about these matters.
I know how these processes work, and I can confirm that zero console identifying information is sent when you download a game through there. There isn't a risk of a ban - at least with FBI/FreeShop/CIAngel. With TikDevil you download stuff through the eshop, and we have no idea what's sent there - I'd avoid it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0