Hacking Question Can you game cartridges on older firmware?

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would like to make a backup of some of my games on Firmware 1.0.0 wondering if i will run into any issues like the console getting updated or watever.

On 8.1.0 EmuMMC i have the cartridge slot blocked so it doesnt update the cart slot driver.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would like to make a backup of some of my games on Firmware 1.0.0 wondering if i will run into any issues like the console getting updated or watever.

On 8.1.0 EmuMMC i have the cartridge slot blocked so it doesnt update the cart slot driver.
Most games won't run on such an old firmware, and you obviously won't be able to get updates/DLC for any of your games. But it won't update automatically.

Reactions: shano

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most games won't run on such an old firmware, and you obviously won't be able to get updates/DLC for any of your games. But it won't update automatically.
Thats true, but on 8.1.0 EmuNAND my backups should be fine with updates and such. Just cant use the carts on later firmwares unless you dont mind updating the driver and having an unusable cart slot on firmwares pre 4.1.0.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thats true, but on 8.1.0 EmuNAND my backups should be fine with updates and such. Just cant use the carts on later firmwares unless you dont mind updating the driver and having an unusable cart slot on firmwares pre 4.1.0.
I would just update the cart slot personally. When are you ever going to want to run 1.0 firmware? You can have a dual emuNAND setup both on the latest firmware, one for legit and one for warez/homebrew. No reason you'd want to run 1.0 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass