Can you flash nds with SLOT-1 Card?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mflo, Feb 3, 2007.

1. mflo
    OP

mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Hey, Is it possible to Flash your NDSL with a SLOT-1 Cart? I would hate to have to order a gba cart also...
    Would WifiMe work with Slot-1's?

2. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    I know FlashMe works on slot-1 cards. Dunno about WifiMe, I guess it does. This topic actually belongs in the FlashMe section [​IMG]

3. mflo
    OP

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Oh my bad, Sorry
    Thanks for the Info

All the guides that i've found on flashme are for slot-2 cards. So I'm guessing I'll have to put the Installation file onto the slot-1 card and just turn it on? Then do the short-circuit thing right?

btw, I checked the Wiki for determining the firmware for your NDS, and it isn't updated. How do I know if I have v7 Firmware?

4. Emu

Emu GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2006
    United States
    Traverse City, MI
    From what i've read you can flash your DS with most slot 1 solutions out now. SC DSOne, etc.

5. mflo
    OP

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Oh nvm, I just took a look at other threads, Sorry for this worthless post....

6. R-Unit 4

R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2007
    why would ya wanna flash it...just pop the slot-1 in and the gba flash cart and voila...ya done...

7. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2006
    United States
    Upstate, NY
    I flashed mine using my R4.

There's 2 reasons I did. 1. To get rid of the health and safety screen. 2. To get download play to work on nintendo releases.

8. mflo
    OP

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    I want to flash mine with a slot-1 because I will be able to restore firmware if I ever get an infected rom. This saves me the trouble of having to check my roms with DSLazy or whatever. I know most roms are pretty safe but I would rather not risk it, That's just me.

9. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    i just flashed a friends ds with my M3 simply (i sold him my SC)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice