Hacking Can you extract a .sav file from an original cart?

Hillsy_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I would like to know if you can extract a saved game from an original game cart to be used on the R4DS? Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you,

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
now the five million Slotty question:
Is it possible the other way round? To put a savegame from your flashcart back to an original cart?
(ex. if you tested a game on flashcart, liked it -or lose the original cart- ;-) , buy it -again- , use the original cart only)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's actually easier to write a save to a retail DS game that it is to read the save from one. Eepinator should work just fine for sending a save from an R4 to a retail cart, but it won't work the other way around.

folsom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there problems downloading Zelda PH saves? I use SavReceiver, and everything seems to work, but the save file is not recoginzed by the game and it is overwritten.

Keamar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there problems downloading Zelda PH saves? I use SavReceiver, and everything seems to work, but the save file is not recoginzed by the game and it is overwritten.
I think there must be a problem because the same thing happened to me. SavSender works great on all the other carts I have but not Zelda. I tried SavSender with both nc.exe and SavReciever with the same result. I also tried converting the raw file at http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 lite can do all of the above. Copy a save to your cart (as long as you have the rom) and copy the rom save to your DS cartridge. Just putting that out there.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Natie said:
saxamo said:
G6 lite can do all of the above. Copy a save to your cart (as long as you have the rom) and copy the rom save to your DS cartridge. Just putting that out there.

And how are you going to do that, if I may ask???
Dude that post was posted over 8 months ago! Doubt you'll get a response!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/eJ-BT_fc3mc?t=313