Hacking Question Can you dump game updates from a patched switch to a unpatched switch?

ottemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Dudes,

i have a question about game update dumping from sd card on a patched switch with the help of an unpatched switch.

I have an unpatched switch with sxos and emunand on v8.1.
A friend of me has a patched switch with ofw v8.1. (no sdcard inserted)
He has a orginal Game on a cartridge and this game is fully updated (normal way, over internet). I want to get this update from his switch, how can it be done? He lives far away so a possibilty over internet would be nice.

Suggestions:
1. He delete the updates from his switch, than insert a clean sd card and install the updates again (the updates should be saved on the sd card this way).
Could he zip the files on the sdcard and send it to me? Than i could put these files on my sd card and dump the update with a homebrew tool?

Do you think this is possible?
Or do you know another way?

flow349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think there was an official option to Update local from another console.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's an option to do a local wireless connection to a console that has game updates so yours can be in par, but I have never tried it so I'm not sure if that will work (But it should it seems).

ottemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your answers :-) I know that there is a local wireless option to update from another console. I have never tested it.
As i wrote before the problem is that my friend is living far away. So i need a solution that works over internet..

Username4321

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To my knowledge you can't use someone else's SD files like that. If you're already using SXOS, what's stopping you from finding the nsp yourself and installing it?

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can decrypt his update if it's on the sd card, but it would still require your friend to boot hekate once to dump his nand (which isn't possible on fw higher than 4.1 rn), cause you need his SD Seed

ottemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can decrypt his update if it's on the sd card, but it would still require your friend to boot hekate once to dump his nand (which isn't possible on fw higher than 4.1 rn), cause you need his SD Seed
Ok, thank you! :-)
So it´s not possible at the moment..

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don´t see your problem, just get the update from the usual dark places?
Also what´s the point (no offense), since your buddy is "living far away" you can´t play together cause you switch is hacked and you can´t play online with him.

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if you use the local sharing update thing it could work with lan play https://discord.gg/Pq9pKHS this works with a non hacked switch

But this only works for very few games which have "lan mode", not for all the other games you use lan-play for local-wireless emulation.
And again, why not just get the update from sources everyone gets his or her nsps from?

@OP: You don´t need the update from your friends console, just download the latest update as nsp, install and you´re good to go for whatever it is you want to do ;)

ottemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don´t see your problem, just get the update from the usual dark places?
Also what´s the point (no offense), since your buddy is "living far away" you can´t play together cause you switch is hacked and you can´t play online with him.

I never said I want to play with him online.
Yeah I could get the nsp from somewhere else but I wanted to know if this scenario could be possible because I know him and he would be a trustworthy source for updates.

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I never said I want to play with him online.
Yeah I could get the nsp from somewhere else but I wanted to know if this scenario could be possible because I know him and he would be a trustworthy source for updates.

I understand now. I can just tell you it´s WAY easier, and comfortable, to use one of the common uploaders or even hgbshop to update your games. Since kinda every nsp installer has security built in you can´t accidentally install unsigned code, it´s very safe to update that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.