Hardware Can you downgrade a special edition 3ds XL?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
what is special about the special edition 3ds consoles? (answer - nothing) :) you will be fine
Actually, he's showing you a new 3ds. :P

Old models of 3ds are ok but the "New 3ds" models aren't for downgrading. (the 2ds can't downgrade either)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ah yeah, if it is a new3ds then we cannot downgrade them, theoretically it will be possible to downgrade them to the lowest fw that n3ds supports, but there is not even a public hack on the n3ds that gives us anything close to this, so you will have to wait :)

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am confused, Do you mean the NEW 3ds with "c stick"? I understand this model is impossible to downgrade for now. How about the original 3ds XL that is released with firmware 9.0 of this year?

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to downgraded my One Piece Limited Edition 3DSLL without any problems. If you are talking about 2DS or the New 3DS then you are out of luck as those models does not function on 4.X firmware

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am confused, Do you mean the NEW 3ds with "c stick"? I understand this model is impossible to downgrade for now. How about the original 3ds XL that is released with firmware 9.0 of this year?

the picture you showed is a NEW 3ds with the C stick

however, if you ask about special editions, it doesn't matter, they are exactly the same thing with paint on them

the only thing that matter is the software version (if its 9.0 it can be downgraded) and the model of the console (is it a 3ds a 2ds or a NEW 3ds?)

a zelda or pokemon edition console is exactly the same thing, if you remove the paint of the consoles they are the exact same thing...

i hope i was clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y