Hacking Can you copy save from retail to legit cia using savedatafiler?

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to copy my saves from games such as fire emblem awakening and pokemon omega ruby from my retail copies to the legit cia that I downloaded onto my 3ds.

I have savedatafiler.cia installed already and I tried opening it when I booted gateway mode but it wouldn't read my retail card that I inserted.

So is there a way to do this?

I booted gateway mode and inserted my retail pokemon omega ruby cart so I could save it using savedatafiler but it wouldn't recognize that I inserted a card.

japram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try again use this method to extract save from retail card

Code:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-export-import-gateway-card1-sav-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the launcher won't work with games like pokemon though.
That guide is good and I assume you are on a n3ds to use NTR CFW to nab the card 1 saves. Card 2 saves are doable but you need a Powersaves I beleive. Take a look at threads by [user]Apachethunder[/user] he is a awesome at that stuff.

Reactions: Margen67

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Gateway Mode doesn't detect retail games, and Classic mode doesn't detect unsigned CIAs like Savedatafiler.

ATM there are two ways to dump retail saves with Gateway, the first one is dumping them through the Gateway Launcher and then using the method posted above, but dumping saves with the GW Launcher works only with games not using the 6.x save encryption (Games released before July 2013), and games that don't dump a 128Kb saves.

The second method is the one you want to do, have in mind that this only works with clean CIAs and it will delete the savefile from the retail card. First, you need to backup your Emunand, then, update your Emunand and use Rxtools to get into Emunand mode (Since Gateway doesn't support 9.6 Emunand for now). Go into the eShop and download the Save Data Transfer Tool, with that application you can transfer your retail saves to the clean CIAs (Keep in mind that Rxtools/Save Data Transfer Tool only detect clean CIAs). Once you are done just inject your Emunand backup back to the SD card and load it using the Gateway Launcher.

(Also if you are transferring a Pokemon save it might be necesary to delete it's secure value using savedatafiler).

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can also use the save plugin from NTR CFW if you have a n3DS.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway Mode doesn't detect retail games, and Classic mode doesn't detect unsigned CIAs like Savedatafiler.

ATM there are two ways to dump retail saves with Gateway, the first one is dumping them through the Gateway Launcher and then using the method posted above, but dumping saves with the GW Launcher works only with games not using the 6.x save encryption (Games released before July 2013), and games that don't dump a 128Kb saves.

The second method is the one you want to do, have in mind that this only works with clean CIAs and it will delete the savefile from the retail card. First, you need to backup your Emunand, then, update your Emunand and use Rxtools to get into Emunand mode (Since Gateway doesn't support 9.6 Emunand for now). Go into the eShop and download the Save Data Transfer Tool, with that application you can transfer your retail saves to the clean CIAs (Keep in mind that Rxtools/Save Data Transfer Tool only detect clean CIAs). Once you are done just inject your Emunand backup back to the SD card and load it using the Gateway Launcher.

(Also if you are transferring a Pokemon save it might be necesary to delete it's secure value using savedatafiler).

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can also use the save plugin from NTR CFW if you have a n3DS.

i used rxtools with pokemon x you need to be online to use save date transfer tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...