jam3972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have a bunch of burned games and have deleted the isos for them

my friend wants some copies, do I need to re-dump these using the wii?( is that even possible? I have a modchip.)

or since they're already on standard DVDs can I just using imgburn's dvd copy function?

(if i don't get an answer anytime soon I'll try it anyway and report here but i prefer to not waste dvds.)

Father Ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye should work fine. I just used the copy feature on Roxio and did it as an iso in about 5 or 10 min. Prob the same with imgburn just give it a shot.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah imgburn works just fine

use "create image from disc" which saves an image of the disk to your hard drive

then use "write image file to disc" to burn it to a blank dvd-r

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Slimmmmmm said:
Yes you can just copy the backup. You could redump, but would take a lot longer.

Longer than what?? ......burning it??? it takes like 10 min to burn and 15 to put it back to the PC, jeezz..!!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I think he was talking about the time it takes to dump it from his Wii to the PC...which is approx 3 hours... if you are getting the Wii to dump games in 15 minutes to the pc...please tell us.

By the way has anyone used the wii dumper by Wan to dump the .iso to a usb mass storage?! If you were successful what was the config you used and how long? The only success I have had is Wiidump through wifi, as mentioned.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's actually interesting, for some reason I always assumed that once I delete an iso from my pc, there was no way to make a new one from a burned DVD, I thought it was the same as making an iso from a regular retail copy of the game.
I am glad I was wrong ! It was certainly so with Dreamcast games, once burned on a CD you would have to go trough all the serial process to dump it again in order to make an iso....
By the way, does that mean that if I redump a game from a burned DVD I can play with the image again ( I am talking about changing the region, of force the language and remove updates...) ?
I have some MULTI5 games that I'd like to force to my native Italian language, and I didn't know how to do it utill recently, the games are already burned and the iso deleted.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over