Homebrew Can you convert an .NDS to a .TMD?

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, this is in homebrew because it involved taking a file from a DS card with only a 3ds. Ok, so I have been wondering this, can you turn a .nds to a .tmd file? I want to know this because I want to be able to run my DS games on my SD card without a flashcart, TWLoader, Twilight, ect. In all, Can you turn a .nds to a .tmd so you can convert to a CIA with godmode9 1.8.0, to run it on the home menu?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First, this is in homebrew because it involved taking a file from a DS card with only a 3ds. Ok, so I have been wondering this, can you turn a .nds to a .tmd file? I want to know this because I want to be able to run my DS games on my SD card without a flashcart, TWLoader, Twilight, ect. In all, Can you turn a .nds to a .tmd so you can convert to a CIA with godmode9 1.8.0, to run it on the home menu?
They won´t run that way, DS games are supposedly cartridge only since even if you run them from the SD card the game will try to read its data from the cartridge slot, Twilightmenu++ and nds-boostrap do something about this and thats why they work(but don't expect perfect compatibility)...anyway if you want to run nds games from the SD card and view their icons on the home menu install twilight menu ++ and use nds forwarder for each game

Last edited by Rioluwott,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was possible to "convert" Nintendo DS games into an installable format that worked, it would have been done a long time ago. Unfortunately, special loaders like nds-bootstrap are required to make these work without a cartridge, as these games expect to be run from one.

TheVideoEffect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won´t run that way, DS games are supposedly cartridge only since even if you run them from the SD card the game will try to read its data from the cartridge slot, Twilightmenu++ and nds-boostrap do something about this and thats why they work(but don't expect perfect compatibility)...anyway if you want to run nds games from the SD card and view their icons on the home menu install twilight menu ++ and use nds forwarder for each game
Ohh. OK. I will try to use my flashart again then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1