Can you convert an .NDS to a .TMD?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheVideoEffect, May 20, 2019.

1. TheVideoEffect
    OP

TheVideoEffect Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    United States
    First, this is in homebrew because it involved taking a file from a DS card with only a 3ds. Ok, so I have been wondering this, can you turn a .nds to a .tmd file? I want to know this because I want to be able to run my DS games on my SD card without a flashcart, TWLoader, Twilight, ect. In all, Can you turn a .nds to a .tmd so you can convert to a CIA with godmode9 1.8.0, to run it on the home menu?

2. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    They won´t run that way, DS games are supposedly cartridge only since even if you run them from the SD card the game will try to read its data from the cartridge slot, Twilightmenu++ and nds-boostrap do something about this and thats why they work(but don't expect perfect compatibility)...anyway if you want to run nds games from the SD card and view their icons on the home menu install twilight menu ++ and use nds forwarder for each game

Last edited by Rioluwott, May 20, 2019
  3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    If it was possible to "convert" Nintendo DS games into an installable format that worked, it would have been done a long time ago. Unfortunately, special loaders like nds-bootstrap are required to make these work without a cartridge, as these games expect to be run from one.

4. TheVideoEffect
    OP

TheVideoEffect Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    United States
    Ohh. OK. I will try to use my flashart again then.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted