1. szymon170

OP szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Poland
    When I was younger, I've hacked my Wii. Then I left it for a few years, and now I want to play it again. But I really don't remember exactly how I hacked it, and the SD card is kind of a huge mess, so I want to redo everything and keep everything nice and clean. Can I do that (without touching the saves)? Will a simple format do the thing?
    What I remember I've done:
    - Installed the Homebrew Channel via letterbomb
    - Installed some wads and cIOS'es (I don't remember which, I've followed some video tutorials back then)
    - Installed BootMii (I don't remeber how)
    - Installed lots of custom channels
    - Installed USB Loader GX
    Everything works, but since probably every homebrew app has been updated in this time, I think I'm left with some obsolete stuff.

2. P_H_I

P_H_I Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    1. Put all saves on an SD card
    2. Place saves on laptop
    3. Delete everything else on SD card
    4. Factory Reset Wii
    5. Put saves on SD card
    6. Put them back on Wii

Should take about 30 min.

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    That however won't remove any edited (C)IOS, and requires running every game before copying back the saves :)

HBC - you're probably already on 1.1.2, there's 1.1.3 in wad format if you want it, but it's mainly for the benefit of Vwii users
    Channels - remove them from official settings, or anytitledeleter if you want the tickets gone too (they're not removed by formatting? not sure on Wii) and can double check before clicking
    IOS - download a clean copy and install them (Modmii may have a "cioscorp remover" that does this, be careful of not replacing the one used by the launcher with a stub) - if you really, really know what you're doing you can delete all but the system menu one, then update
    CIOS - anytitledeleter or the many dop-mii like apps
    Bootmii - IOS 254 (as above) or rerun the hackmii installer for removing IOS and boot2 versions

4. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    ppl just don't understand the risk involved and the mess they could create by "cleaning after their mess"
    Same old saying: "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"
    If it was already broke, like games not working, running out of space, etc, ask specifically.

If you want to update any app, just go after their source one by one. You will have to do that anyway after your "cleaning"
    If you want to delete anything, make sure you know what you are dealing with.
    Formatting a Wii doesn't really clean that much hacking-wise but removes all your data.

5. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    just use dop-mii and reinstall all IOSes one by one from NUS without any patches. then try updating through the wii settings.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - completely, homebrew, remove