Hardware Can you change the 3D depth when viewing 3D photos ?

pachura

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you able to change the 3D depth using the slider when viewing 3D photos on 3DS ?

If yes, it would mean that the slider controls the hardware parallax barrier.
If not, it only controls the in-game 3D engine parameters...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The picture itself moves.

When you take the picture, each camera takes a far wider picture than is used in the 3D version. After taken, you can view it in the gallery, and adjust each picture's position using the Slide Pad, adding or removing depth.

The parallax barrier stays in place. I can make a video documenting my proof of this, if need be.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's incredibly easy to prove that it's not the barrier that moves... All you have to do is close one eye play with the slider, you can see the image actually move further to the left/right (depending on which eye you close) as you raise/lower the slider.

It's all 100% software, the barrier does not move.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that anything involving the actual 3D camera of the 3DS is not adjustable via the 3D slider other than to turn 3D on or off.
To change the depth of the 3D effect you need to move the two points of view farther apart or closer together. The cameras on the front of the 3DS can't move closer or farther apart so it's impossible.

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
The cool thing with this is, despite the 3DS's usual way of using the 3D, with pictures you can actually make image appear popping out, instead of pushing in. Slide pad all the way to the left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...