Can you change Card2 games into Card1 games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Thirty3Three, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    I know you can change (using a hex editor) the save area from the SD to the ROM itself, if you edit the CARD1 game's header via hex editor...

Does this happen in reverse too? Can I make it so CARD2 games save on the SD card, by changing the hex value?

Thanks.

2. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    it seems it works with eshop games but not with pokemon and ac since they use a bigger size save file

3. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    I appreciate the help.

It gets tedious extracting the save file from the CARD2 games, haha! I sort of was hoping I could do what I've done with Card1 games, but in reverse. Thanks anyway!

Do you know what happens when you hex edit the Card2 games to card1? Will you get an error while saving, or an error in general, or...?

4. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    steamworld dig wasn't working on r4 4.0b2 due to it being card 2 and with card1 it works , seems its card 2 is for show. Pokemon saves but when you load it it's corrupted because it's smaller size save

5. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Oh man. That'd be so cool if finding a way around that were possible. I dislike extracting every few plays haha!

6. tranfeer

tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 23, 2010
    Australia
    masterzero,
    How about the save size of pokemon and ac?