Gaming can you catch all pokemons in pokemon diamond and pearl"?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you need a GBA cartridge (Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red, etc.) to get many of the previous Pokemon. I believe you can only catch around 200 Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl alone, the rest you need to transfer.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question is if you'd played ANY other Pokemon games, how could you not know that it's impossible to catch every single pokemon with 1 cart, and since Gen 2 not even all of them with 2 carts.

killermike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a rom of it you could just use the rom editor in this sites download section. It makes it so every pokemon from every game is in some part of D/P.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killermike said:
If you are using a rom of it you could just use the rom editor in this sites download section. It makes it so every pokemon from every game is in some part of D/P.
Even then you can't 'legitly' catch them all, and most of those rom editors are worthless in the hands of idiots who can't get the values right. However if you go to the .pkmn databases lying around you can indeed grab them all.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Because, to finish it completely, you would have to catch all Pokemons, and it's almost impossible to catch them all without cheating or tweaking rules a bit!!

You would need some other GBA Pokemon games, transferring, than catching them in wildness..

BTW: You have some keyboard problems? It would be shame if you do..Could you come back when you fix it?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
No you cant catch all of them in Diamond/Pearl.
As someone mentioned above, the legendaries from R/S/E and few other pokemons has to be transfered from R/S/E through palpark.

Believe me its not really hard, and after you complete the pokedex you feel nothing special..
I got almost everything without cheat, just need Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and Manaphy. Can transfer Manaphy from Ranger, am too lazy though...

Basically you need D/P+Fire Red or Leaf Green + Emerald to complete your dex easily.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kamui said:
Zerrix said:
If you have WiFi, you can get all Pokémon via the GTS ...
But if you havent seen the specific pokemon, you cant search for them on GTS...
you can also do wifi-linking which allows you to trade directly with people just like linking with a cable in older versions.
and if you visit a popular wifi-chat it's quite easy to get some good trades to fill up your pokedex(serebii.net has a good wifi-chat for trading)

osiris: did you actually get the pokedex?
if you're not far enough into the storyline it doesn't show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"