Hacking Can you buy from eShop in EmuNAND and use from SysNAND?

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a long story of why I'd want to do this, but I have an extra 3DS for which I don't currently have a Gateway, but I do have a Gateway on another 3DS.

The 3DS with no Gateway is on 9.2.0-20E, so it can't go onto the eShop, which is annoying. Can I do something like the following to buy stuff?

1. Borrow the Gateway from the other 3DS.
2. Create an EmuNAND (keeping the files intact by backing them up and restoring afterward).
3. Upgrade EmuNAND to 9.4.0.
4. Buy whatever from store.
5. Boot back to SysNAND.
6. Run game.

The SysNAND has an NNID.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you should be able to do this, assuming your SysNAND has a high enough FW to run the game. I tested this with Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it will install a legit ticket then I don't see why not. You might have to use the same NNID for it to work.
But will it install the ticket to EmuNAND or SysNAND? I don't know where tickets get stored...

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry I bump this thread.

I think I got my answer but I want to be sure.

I have a code to download Flipnote on my 2DS with 9.2 and Emunand on 9.5.

Can I download Flipnote with emunand and use it on the systnand without using Gateway?

Thank you !

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry I bump this thread.

I think I got my answer but I want to be sure.

I have a code to download Flipnote on my 2DS with 9.2 and Emunand on 9.5.

Can I download Flipnote with emunand and use it on the systnand without using Gateway?

Thank you !

Unfortunately, no because you need the card to use emunand. (Even though in the menu they say the card is optional in classic mode, it's not true)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't MT-card enter emunand without the card inserted?

Too bad You need to downgrade to 4.5 before you can use it

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Move it yourself? So you mean transfer the ticket to the systnand?

yes, the ticket.db is probably signed (i guess, if not you could in theory just copy over that specific ticket) but simply copying the whole ticket.db file from emunand to sysnand would work

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, the ticket.db is probably signed (i guess, if not you could in theory just copy over that specific ticket) but simply copying the whole ticket.db file from emunand to sysnand would work

So I should download flipnote using the emunand, and then copy the folder created to the sysnand folder?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How can you do the transfer please?
there is no easy way to do it atm, you would need to decrypt you emunand, extract the ticket.db file, extract you nand and decrypt that, replace ticket.db in sysnand with the one from emunand, re-encrypt sysnand and flash the new nand to sysnand (although i would highly recommend you make sure it boots in emunand first), and if anything goes wrong along the way you would need to install a nand mod to recover

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
OK, I got it thank you !

So I guess the Gateway anyway will be required to download it and use emunand to enjoy it.
well you could set up 9.5 in MT emunand and download it there, then you can run it in classic mode without inserting any card, but your system has to be on 4.x, or just swap the launcher.dat over, MT launcher will work with a gateway made emunand, any any legitimately bought eshop stuff works in classic mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse