Hardware Can you buy an O3DS with olderr firmware from a store?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes that's exactly what I meant. Preferably 10.7> since I can downgrade and play legit CIAs.
Here's what you do. Go to a store, buy a 3DS. in the parking lot carefully open the packaging, boot it up (should have some battery power in it) and check the firmware. If it's on 11.0 just return it to the store saying you just got a phone call that your mom/wife/girlfriend/uncle/trained chimpanzee went and bought one as well and you'd like to return it. Most stores won't make a fuzz, and I think in your country they're required to refund you even. Then go to a different store and try again. Or use a different excuse to replace it with another 3DS. like "This one has a TN screen and i want a IPS screen" (don't say its broken though, they might throw it in the trash or send it back to nintendo, and that'l cost them money)

Last edited by dimmidice,

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
As long it isnt a refurb or a 2nd hand unit, it's likely it comes in firmware 10.7 or lower, which is the best fw to downgrade to 2.1 and hack it.
Refrain to this guide and not video guides on how to hack it and play all kinds of cias with arm9loaderhax the best and most reliable(and fast hack) : https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you guys. I think I'll buy a new one. One last question though. If I buy one online will it be the same?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would do retail too, because if it happens to be on 11.0 you can return it immediately instead of having to ship it back. But if you do it online then you just have to wait for it to get refunded if it happens to be on 11.0. Which isn't the end of the world.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would do retail too, because if it happens to be on 11.0 you can return it immediately instead of having to ship it back. But if you do it online then you just have to wait for it to get refunded if it happens to be on 11.0. Which isn't the end of the world.
Thank you for your help!

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If if remember my cousin got a O3DS with 9.5 firmware (it was just at 10.4 release after kernel fixes ) and he could play game with it.
I think in amazon sometimes they definite firm (not sure for amazon, saw that on ebay, but don't trust ebay.. ) But i'd go retail too..
I wonder what would happen if i ask the shop for a specific version lol

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hmm, not sure ( at least in my country they do sell everything, i stilll can find PS2's huh ).
And O3DS XL is probably the choice of everybody, with 30 $ difference iirc you have bigger screens an more comfortable playing right?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can't even buy O3DS's anymore. At least not new ones. They only sell the O3DS XL now.
Is that so...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, not sure ( at least in my country they do sell everything, i stilll can find PS2's huh ).
And O3DS XL is probably the choice of everybody, with 30 $ difference iirc you have bigger screens an more comfortable playing right?
You have a point. I could still order an O3DS online though.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Well i'd think they still should be, as if Nintendo have success with 2DS's she won't stop sending regular O3DS"s?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."